Ep 11: Path To The Abyss

~~Y/n's POV~~

What can those eyes be hiding? Looking at Alpha in his golden eyes with suspicion as I planned out my move. Reaching across the table I said...

Y/n: "Checkmate."

Alpha: "Nooo!"

Alpha slumped down onto the duel disk on the other side of the table with a chess board on it in defeat as I won the game of chess again.

Alpha: "How!? Ten times in a row and you still win!"

Y/n: "Beats me, you're the ai--"

I was cut off as I felt something going on in the VRAINS. Alpha must've felt it as well cause its head jolted up.

Y/n: "What is she planning?..."

Alpha: "Who knows... We haven't heard much word from the Knights of Hanoi.

~~Timeskip brought by the Author making Cyberse cards for Y/n~~

The next day Cal had set up his truck upon the Stardust Road again. Yuusaku sat outside at a table with a tablet and a drink while me and Cal worked inside the truck as a woman came up.

???: "Hello, I'd like the usual please."

Cal: "I'll get that for you

Cal: "I'll get that for you."

Cal started to cook as he knew what she wanted as I look at her like I've seen her before. She looked at me with her eyes as I immediately recognized who she was. I did my best to not shout that it was Revolver seeing as that would destroy the reality of this world. In theory. Once Cal finished up with the meal he handed it to her after receiving the payment.

Cal: "Thanks as usual. Please come again."

???: "This may be my last time coming here."

Cal: "Oh. Are you moving?" 

???: "Yeah. Something like that." 

Cal: "I'm also at the public viewing plaza! Come visit!"

Y/n: "Have a good day."

'Revolver' walked back up the path to the house she came from. 

Y/n: "Well bud, you lost another customer." 

Ai: "If you want I can be your mascot."

Cal: "That's a lame mascot."

Both me and Cal stepped out from the truck. 

Ai: "I'm lame?"

Cal: "Very. Anyway, how's it going?"

Yuusaku: "The remaining Knights of Hanoi have been eliminated. Normal avatars have returned."

Cal: "Peace has returned to LINK VRAINS."

Y/n: "I wouldn't say that. With the Hanoi activity recently, it seems like they're starting to gear up for a bigger battle."