Chapter 2 " a girl "

Maya's POV.

The bell rang and class was over - music to my ears. I turned swiftly around to see Riley and the new kid hitting it off. A smile spread across my face from the sight.

"Hey Riles. Wanna invite country boy here to go get some froyo ?"

Riley's POV.

Froyo ? With a person I just met. No with a boy I just met. But I have Maya there right by my side. Right ? I thought about it , then again. Riley snap out if it , you look like a fool. But I froze. Maya help !! I roared from my mind. She noticed.

"So Riley what do you say ? " she asked slowly.

I stared at her with a look she knows as the " Boy ... Boy ... BOY !! " look.

"So after school then ? ... Buddy" she laughed as she punched him on the shoulder. I could feel something going on between them. Aww Maya could get her first boyfriend ... Aww her first kiss. This has got to happen.

" So it's a date " I said , then suddenly regretted it. What have I done . Leaving the talking to Maya is practically my life in 5 words.

" uh ... I .. I mean for you and Maya that is !"

Lucas glanced at me and I could she a smile under his embarrassment. Maya on the other hand , if looks could kill I would be dead.

"Okay?" Lucas answered.

"Um I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that . Riley gets all flustered when she talks to a cute guy . Wait not that your cute " she chuckled then wiped her nose. " aha ha haaa " she said dramatically "yeah let's go"

We arrived at the froyo palace and sat at Maya and I's special corner in the back. The table had our names written on the top with a pen Maya found on the ground one day. She decorated it nicely with a tree on the side and our names written in joint writing. Our seats were terribly worn out because of our constant trips to the froyo store. Sitting in that exact spot I remember meeting Maya for the first time. The stubborn girl she was she refused me buying her food but after a while she was used to the routine.

Lucas's POV.

A date ? Well we just met but I suppose Maya's kind of cute . I mean with her edgy style and her blonde, wavy curls that fall almost all the way to her stomach , and then There's her beautiful blue eyes . I suddenly came back to reality when I heard Maya ask me what I wanted . I didn't notice but I was starring into thin air . Not a great way to start a date - if this even was a date. Riley strangely hadn't spoke this whole time ? Was she feeling okay ? Was I making her feel uncomfortable ? I sure didn't want to be . Country boy raise I was told a there's a "wo" before the man . Don't ask . Strange family .

Maya's POV.

"What's up with him?"
I asked Riley confused. He looked like Riley when she thinks about pizza no unicorns , or both.

" I don't know but he looks cute. He looks like me when I think about pizza or unicorns , or both." Riley stated

"That's what I was thinking. He's probably thinking about his only friends at home who were cows." I said giggling.

" that's funny but mean .. But more funny." Riley said .

I worry about what goes on in her mind sometimes . She's so unbelievably weird , but that's what I love about her.

"Hey ranger rick what do you want to order? " ranger rick ... I likey !!

He was in a daze.

"Country boy .... Cowboy .... Lucas .... Nothing really."

I nudged him in the shoulder . What big shoulders he had and then I realised the jaw line Riley pointed out in class.

"Mr. Perfect " I shouted into his ear as I slapped his cheek.

"Oo sorry I was thinking about someone." He stuttered.

"Your friends from home?" Riley said politely.

"Not really." He replied

" a girl ?"
I suggested and elbowed Riley. She smirked and elbowed me back.

"You could say that" he answered with a smile.