Finding jack

Riley asked if he was cute, but Lucas was there so I couldn't answer out loud so I simply gave a thumbs up behind my back so Lucas wouldn't see.riley glanced behind me and squealed.

"Ahh we've got to find jack now!!" Everyone turned to look at Riley.

"I mean like for Maya's sake" she quickly added.

I laughed and turned to Lucas and the rest of the gang. Ella didn't know what to make of Riley. like was she funny? Smart ? Kind? She was confused but proceeded to talk.

" how about we split up?" She suggested

"I agree " Lucas seconded

"Okay then , Ella stays with me " I instructed. "and Lucas you go with Riley for protection. I'm not babying you Riley I just want you safe."

She nodded.

"Don't I get a choice ?" Lucas muttered. "What if I want to go with Maya?"

"Okay then over protective boyfriend, you stay with Maya and Farkle comes with me" Riley announced

"Riles-"

"I got this Maya. I'm going to prove to you that I can look after myself"

I didn't say anything but my stomach dropped slowly just with the thought of her getting hurt. Riley gestured for us to leave.

"Hey Farkle ... keep her safe for me , please" I said softly glancing into Riley's big brown eyes that you could get lost in. She gave a smile. I turned and started walking, searching for a boy I barely knew well we dated but he could have changed. walking with Ella and Lucas stuck to my side. I wrapped my arms around Ella and Lucas stared at me confused.

"What none for your boyfriend?" He chuckled.

"Lucas is your boyfriend ? Haha Maya honey you could do much better!" Ella laughed.

"Hey" Lucas said almost hurt.

"Clam down ranger, Irish humour!! I like it. Very sarcastic !!" I applied

We searched New York City for Jack. it was beautiful , peaceful. I would like to think he wasn't in a bar somewhere getting wasted.

" Maya ? If you are , you know ?" Lucas said. I looked at him confused.

"Homeless ?" I said quietly.

"Umm yeah. where did I stay last night ?" He asked

"Wait wait wait. Maya you slept with him ? Eww !!"

"No !! I would never " I spoke to Ella indignitly ." To answer your question Lucas, because my parents are well practically gone, I needed a job to get money for food that is. I got a job cleaning a house, or for you the house we stayed in."

"What !!"

"Let me finish Lucas !!! The family left for holidays a couple of days ago. so I thought I might as well have stayed in there out of the cold, dark ally. besides it would make no difference to them "

Lucas stared at me emotionally confused. But eventually felt bad and wrapped his arms around both me and Ella. We all probably looked like idiots walking down the street, but I liked it.

"Look Lucas I'm sorry that I don't have a house for us to lounge in but- "

"Hey ! I don't care about any of that Maya and after what happened back there both of you , Maya with the ocean blue eyes and the wavy blonde hair and you Ella beautiful Ella with the Brown eyes are staying in the 'crib of ranger rick' tonight! So put your cowboy hats on girlies it's a bumpy road."

Ella nudged me on the shoulder with her chin. She gave me the googly eyes.

"He's a keeper Maya " she announced

"Thanks L " Lucas laughed.

Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. it was Riley. I flipped up the top of my phone and answered

M-"You okay riles ?"
R-"we'll if you consider falling in a heap because your ex is so hot something to worry about then I think I just died."

M-"haha I'm guessing you found jack ?"

R-"yes and he is may I say heaven to my eyes!!"

M-"shut up Riley !! Hahah did you try and talk to him at least ?"

R-"hahah your kidding wright ? what do you think?"

M-"the two 'F's' "

R-"exactly !!"

M- really Riley you froze AND fell !!"

R-"yup ... Ahh Maya he's coming over what do I do !! MAYA !! EYE CONTACT !! HES CLOSE !! ITS HAPPING AGAIN MAYA!! "

I heard Riley's phone all to the ground and her nervously giggling.

"Guys!! They found him"I shouted

"Ugh" Lucas said rolling his eyes.

" I never liked him either Lucas" Ella announced.

"Well we've got to get then before Riley has a MENTLE fit because of jack !!"
I told Ella

"Really?" She asked

"Really."

----------------------------------------------

So next chapter will be more about Riley Jack and Ella