five

Page five

I wake up to the sound of my alarm buzzing. I haven't slept for that long in a while. I roll over and press dismiss on my phone screen and the buzzing noise stops. It's already half past eight in the morning.

Just as I sit up in my bed, I hear another buzzing sound and I groan in frustration. I pick up my phone but the screen is blank and that's when I remember I have a roommate.

Adelaide let's out a loud sigh, gets out of bed and goes through a door I never noticed before, probably because it's covered in posters just like the rest of her half of the room. We must have our own bathrooms in our dorms.

I get out of bed and choose my outfit for today. I'm going to wear grey sweats and a black t-shirt. Its pretty hot outside today and I was going to wear shorts but I decided against it.

As I'm making my bed, Adelaide walks out of the bathroom. "It's all yours" she says.
I finish making my bed and head to the door.

The bathroom is quite spacious. It has a bath in the left end corner, a shower in the right end corner, a toilet opposite the bath and a basin with four long cupboards under it opposite the shower. There are also a few stools infront of the basin and cupboards in between the shower and bath. It's bigger than I expected.

I set my clothes, towel and lotion down on the cupboard inbetween the bath and shower and get into the shower. When I'm done I change and leave the bathroom. By the time I'm done it's nearly ten.

Adelaide is packing stuff into a bag when I get out.

"I'll be going over to Claire's and Amanda's room till about 5. You're welcome to come if you'd like." She offers.

"I have to get a few things sorted out for tomorrow but if you give me the address I might be able to stop by after." I say with a smile.

She writes down the building number and dorm room for me and leaves.

...

It's one o'clock now and from the time I left my dorm, all I've managed to do is go to sort out my schedule and walk to a small coffee shop.

I have quite a bit of money saved up from working but I still think it's best I find another job just incase.
I obviously won't be working as much as I used to because I'm in college now but as long as I get some money I'll be fine.

I go up to the counter and order a cupcake and a cup of ice coffee and I take a seat by the small table in the corner. While I'm waiting, I decide to go online and search for small cafe's on campus so I can start handing out my resume.

So far this is the only cafe that's close to all my classes and walking distance from my dorm.

A male waiter who looks about 20 walks over and sets down my cupcake and coffee on the table.

"Enjoy your food miss." He says with a smile.

I thank him and before he leaves I stop him to ask about a job.

"Are you guys hiring at the moment?" I ask.

"We actually are. I could speak to the boss and get you an interview if you'd like." He says.

"Would you really?"

"Yeah ofcourse. I mean, he is my father, but I'm pretty sure he'd interview you anyway." He tells me.

I write down my contact info and give it to him.

"Thank you so much." I say.

"My name is Josette." I smile.

"I'm Mason."

"Well I better get back to work." He says and walks off.

When I'm done eating, I go back to the counter to order another iced coffee and take it to go.

As I reach out to open the door, I feel a hand on my shoulder so I turn to find Mason.

"Can I walk with you?" He asks and I say yes.

He asks me a few questions about where I've worked before and about my past and I answer everything but I don't tell him too much.

We walk past building 15 and he stops.

"I guess thats it. You're hired Josette!" He says.

"This was an interview?" I ask.

"Yes and might I add, you aced it." He smiles.

"Can you stop by on tomorrow so we can sort out your working hours?" Mason asks.

I agree and he goes up to his dorm and I walk over to building 17 to meet the girls.

It's half past two now so Adelaide should still be there.

I go up and they greet me with friendly smiles.

We talk for a while and end up staying until six.

Adelaide and I decide to go back to our dorm before it gets too dark and we watch movies on her tv until we have to go to bed.

Tomorrow is my first day of classes and I think I'm ready for it. I hope it'll be as good as today was.

I didn't have a flashback today.

Today was a good day.

I hate my flashbacks.