Chapter 3: The Executive Order

Today was the day that I have been waiting for. I was soon going to be free from the grasps of Cerberus and out there in the world making a difference. No more beating, no more time in the basement, and no more prison food. Freedom was upon me.

I have to admit knowing that I was getting out of here excited me like no matter but the possibilities of everything that could go wrong scared me like no other. When I got out of here though I was going to make my parents and sister proud and fight for my real country. It was time Cerberus pay for all the millions of people they have killed in the past years. It was payback time.

I stood up and waited in front of the door knowing that the buzzer was to go off at any minute to unlock my door. I tried to mentally prepare myself for what was about to go down but was that even possible? I don't think so.

The buzzer had finally gone off and I raced my way down towards the dining hall. As I entered I didn't even bother grabbing a tray of food. I headed straight for our normal table and waited for the others to join me. They had no idea yet that today their lives were about to be changed forever.

"Why don't you have any food, Delaney?" Sarah asked me as she sat down next to me while the others joined the table as well. "Not hungry?"

"It's going down today," I told them getting straight to the point. "We are getting rescued."

"Are you serious?" Nicole asked in shock as she almost spat her milk all over the table. "How?"

"The guard who gave me the note before came to my room last night," I told them. "He said he was here to help us escape."

"Who sent him?" Bekah asked me.

"You're not going to believe who," I answered. "The President of the United States."

"No fucking way," Sarah said letting her mouth drop without realizing it.

"Does anyone even know who the President is?" Nicole asked the group. "Like I was pretty young and never paid attention to anything so I don't remember. Or is it a new President?"

"I have no idea," I told her. "But we will soon find out."

"Did the guard say when this was going down exactly?" Sarah asked.

"Should be any minute," I told them. "The man's name is Mitch and he said it would happen during breakfast."

"Well I'm skipping out on breakfast now," Nicole said as she pushed her tray of food away from her.

"Same," Sarah mimicked. "We are probably about to do a hell of an amount of running."

Then it became silent. Too silent. It had seemed that time had slowed down and even paused at moments. Then it happened. They were here.

There was a massive explosion in the distance which sent the whole building shaking and the lights to go off, which would soon come back on once the backup generators kicked in.

Soon later a large amount of gunfire could be heard going off in the distance and kept getting louder and louder as it came closer to where we were.

The sirens soon began to go off as well and these things were loud as hell. A female voice recording could be heard throughout the entire complex telling everyone to return to their rooms and that this was not a drill. No one listened though and we all sat here still in the dining hall waiting to see what was about to happen.

The guards who were in the dining hall with us, which was probably about eight or nine, rushed over to the dining hall door and barricaded it shut while pushing tables in front of it to keep anyone from getting in or out. This was no use though.