Chapter 6: Origins

I woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed and alive than ever. I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep. I could sure get used to this.

"I see you have finally woke up," McKenna said as she walked in the room. "Get enough sleep?"

"Yeah, haven't slept that good in years," I told her as I stretched out my legs. "What time is it?"

"It's almost noon," she answered. "I didn't know if you were ever going to wake up."

"How about the others?" I asked. "Are they up?"

"Yeah, they got up a little while ago," McKenna informed me. "Sarah has been running around with me while Bekah and Nicole are getting an armory tour from Mitch."

"Have you heard anything from the President?" I asked as I got out of my bed.

"She'll meet with us after you have had breakfast," McKenna answered. "Don't worry we have lots of time so don't rush."

"I won't don't worry," I promised. "I just have to change my clothes."

"Don't worry about your old clothes," McKenna said. "I picked out some new clothes for you to wear."

McKenna came over to my side and handed me a tank top and a pair of jeans.

"Thanks, sis," I said as I took the new clothes from her.

McKenna made her way back to the door and opened it. "I'm going back the lobby where everyone else is at. You change and meet me there and we'll get you something to eat."

"Sounds good," I replied. "See you in a bit."

McKenna closed the door behind her as she left to go back to the theater lobby.

I changed into the new clothes McKenna gave me and instantly felt an amazing feeling of refreshment. For the past five years, I always had to wear the same thing. Now my body could breathe once again.

Once I was done changing I made my way towards the lobby where I found all my friends waiting for me alongside Mitch.

"How does it feel to be back in normal people clothes?" he asked me.

"Never felt better," I replied with a smile.

"Here's an apple," McKenna said as she came over and handed me a piece of fruit. "Sorry but that's all we can spare at the moment."

"It's ok," I told her. "I'm not that hungry anyway."

"So what's the plan for today?" Sarah asked the group.

"I'm going to take you all to Jill's office," Mitch replied. "Then that's where we will all have a discussion on what we are going to do next."

"How exciting," Nicole commented as a grin appeared on her face. "I hope it includes some more shooting at Cerberus."

"Don't be ridiculous Nicole," Bekah said in a jokingly manner. "Of course it is."

"It won't be easy though," Mitch told us. "We haven't even put a dent in Cerberus yet. This is just the beginning."

"Doesn't matter," I said as I took a bite in my apple. "We are full of energy and ready for a fight."

"Good then," he smiled back at me. "Let's get going then."

Mitch lead us to the right hallway this time where all the equipment storages and labs were. Mitch informed us that Jill's office was at the very end of the hallway.