Chapter 5: Madam President

I can't believe what was happening in my life right now. First I get broken out of prison and now I have been reunited with my sister after being separated from each other for five years. This all seemed like a very good dream but of course, it wasn't a dream. It was real!

"I can't believe your really here," I said to her as a started letting tears roll down my face. "How is this possible?"

"We broke her out of her camp about six months ago," Kevin answered seeing that both of us were unable to talk at the moment. "She then insisted we get you too and now here we are."

"I thought this day would never come," McKenna said as both of us finally broke away from each other. "We planned this for months and are resources were spread thin but finally we got a chance and we took it."

"She told me all about you," Mitch told me. "It wasn't that hard to find you once I was in. You make yourself pretty well known."

"For good reasons," I assured him.

"So, how long have you guys been camped out here," Sarah asked as she started observing the front of the camp.

"We've been stationed here for about eight months," Kevin answered. "I know it's not pretty but she does the job."

"Why an old beaten up movie theater though?" Bekah asked as she looked at the front of the partially destroyed building in disgust.

"It's actually what's inside that counts," Kevin reassured us. "We can't make it look pretty then they'll know we are based here."

"Come on I'll give you a tour," Mitch gestured towards us to follow him inside.

We first entered the front gate that surrounded the whole theater with various watchtowers positioned throughout. Mitch informed us later that everybody takes turns being in one of the watchtowers throughout each week.

Soon later we made it to the front doors of the theater, which all had no glass present. We entered and made our way into the main lobby and that is when my mouth dropped in amazement.

There were floods of people and it wasn't just soldiers. There were ordinary citizens, scientists, farmers, doctors, kids, and even teachers living all together in this one big complex. And this was just the beginning.

The theater had two hallways that were supposed to lead to the projection screens, but instead, each had a system of underground tunnels that have been dug that go right beneath the theater. Kevin informed me that if you take the right hallway tunnel it takes you to all of the storage rooms, labs, and even has a path that takes you outside to where they have built a farm where they grow all their crops to feed everyone. If you take the left hallway tunnel then that leads you to all the housing where people stay, which is all underground. This was perfect I thought to myself. I would have no problem living here while blowing off some Cerberus heads every once in a while.

"Isn't it amazing?" McKenna asked me as she saw my face drop. "It has everything you need in order to survive."

"It sure is," I replied as I still looked at everything going on.

"Everybody here pitches in," McKenna began to explain to us. "You either help the soldiers, or help the doctors with the injured and sick, or help grow the crops with the farmers. We are just one big community that works together to survive."

"I think I'll be joining the fight with the soldiers," I said with a grin.

"Don't forget about me," Sarah butted in as she put her arm around my soldiers. "We'll have those Cerberus soldiers running in no time."