cigarette sunsets

here's a poorly written soft n emotional oneshot to make up for 7+ months of silence. i'm working on stuff, i promise. motivation has just been difficult to find these past months. i hope you enjoy... it's not my best work but i wanted to put something out there for you cool kids! plz vote and comment !! also first oneshot of 2020!

no trigger warnings unless brief mentions of cigarettes upset you! just nice n fluffy :)

[lowercase intended]

frank sighed sadly, rolling the cigarette between his fingers. a bored expression was plastered on his face as he concentrated on lighting it, the flame illuminating his face for a split second. frank took a long drag, sighing and rolling his head back in relief. the sweet feeling of nicotine rolling through his veins (temporarily) slowed down his racing thoughts. he exhaled the smoke and watched it disappear into the sky.

the sun was just setting, a mix of purples, blues, and reds filling the sky. the moon was just peaking through the clouds and the stars lightly speckled the sky. the sunset looked stunning in the nearly abandoned park where he was at.

frank stared off into the distance, continuing to smoke his cigarette. "mind if i join you?" a timid voice asked. he turned his head in surprise to see a smaller boy asking him that. "oh, hey gee." frank smiled, scooting over and letting the smaller boy plop next to him.

he passed the cigarette to gerard and he took a drag, smiling at the older boy as he exhaled and blew the smoke out. they both giggled softly, enjoying each other's presence. gerard admired frank greatly and wished that one day the two could be together. gerard was too scared to say anything- and didn't even know if frank liked boys- so instead he cuddled up to him and rested his head on frank's shoulder. frank didn't mind and in fact, every time gerard did that, it made his heart flutter.

the two sat in comfortable silence and watched the day fade away into night.

"so, how have you been recently? anything interesting?" gerard asked. frank paused to think, trying to find something to tell him. he didn't want to say anything negative and make the smaller boy upset.

"nothing much. my sister made it on the cheer team. i'm really proud of her, she's so amazing. it's so cool to see her out on the field at games." frank's face lit up for a second, making gerard happy. "oh my god! that's so great! i'm so happy for her!" he smiled and turned to frank, giving him a hug.

frank smiled. he actually smiled. he hadn't felt the warm embrace of a hug in so long. he basked in the feeling, hugging gerard back even harder. he felt gerard rest his head on frank's shoulder in the hug and it made frank smile even harder. it felt like forever until they let go.

"i'm sorry.. i haven't been hugged in such a long time.. i- that feels-" gerard hugged frank again- so hard that they both fell to the ground. the boys both started giggling.

they both sat up and frank looked at gerard. "you are the sweetest and most caring person i've ever met. i'm so glad we met. i care about you so much. you don't even know." gerard teared up a bit replying, "y-you care about me?"

"of course i do. you've brought so much light into my life. you've shown me why i deserve to be here. you're making life worth living, gee. i don't know where i'd be without you.."

in that moment, it felt just right. gerard didn't know what to say, so instead he pressed his lips to frank's. he quickly found himself suddenly kissing frank iero and frank was kissing back.

they pulled away for a second, gasping for air. gerard didn't even question why he kissed back the first time. there wasn't even enough time to question it. frank went back and crashed his lips into gerard's and the two started kissing passionately.

messy hair and pink tinted lips- the boys pulled away from each other a few minutes later.

"i- wow." gerard mumbled. "i really.. really like you frank.. and i hope you like me too."

"gee, i've liked you for such a long time and i was hoping this would happen." frank said, still out of breath.

gerard didn't reply, he simply just hugged frank very tightly. he rubbed gerard's back for a bit in the hug until gerard finally spoke up and said, "do you wanna sleep at my place tonight? we can cuddle and watch movies and stuff." he was blushing slightly.

"i'd love to come over, gee." frank said with a huge smile on his face