times like these [d.g.]

you struggled against your bonds in distress and frankly annoyance.

god, how long had you been down here? Was down here really... down?

you honestly had no clue. all you did know was that you were not at home, laying in bed snuggled with your boyfriend, and that was beginning to get on your nerves.

i mean sure, you should be scared, this is technically a kid-napping, but hey - it's gotham, you knew it would happen eventually. you just wished that you got a little bit of a heads up before it happened.

"hello?" you yelled, or well, at least tried to - your throat was quite sore.

you grumbled to yourself in frustration. first a sore throat for reasons you couldn't fathom and second no response to your cry of distress.

what would dick do? you bit your lip, trying to think back to the hours and hours of self defence training the man had taught you.  god, why hadn't you listened?

you tried to wiggle around in what you presumed was a chair. there was rope around your arms, you knew that. and the more you thrashed about, you took note that there were bonds around your ankles as well.

great. obviously whoever captured me just had to be intelligent. you thought.

you then tried to take note of your surroundings, picking out any small detail that would give you a hint to where ever the fuck you were.

you made silent notes on what you could see. metal poles, a tray of glittering objects, a small lightbulb in the far left corner of the room and -

you gasped.

you would know that helmet from anywhere. though it was dark, you could clearly point out the half orange shell. your mind instantly went into a frenzy.

even though you had woken up calm and collected, like dick taught you to, now knowing who you were dealing with shook you to your core.

if there was anything you had remembered from dicks intense defence lessons, it was that deathstroke was not one to be messed with. not ever.

you leaned your head back, trying to calm yourself.

okay, you said to yourself okay, if his helmet is here then maybe he's elsewhere and i have time... i can do this. you really tried to think back to what you had learned, silently cursing yourself for not taking dicks lessons seriously.

first, you tried to, once again, wiggle your wrists out of their entrapment, only to end up with killer burns from the rope.

you hissed, and decided you needed a different approach.

what if, you thought, what if i just jumped with the chair towards an exit?

though dick may have advised against this route and suggested a much better thought out plan, you weren't a vigilante and this seemed to be your most sane and well thought out approach.

screeech!

the metal chair sounded as you took your first hop. you stopped in panic, what if slade was here? what if this was all a set up?

you shook your head, no. c'mon, you have to stay calm... think like dick, what would he do?

well, he would probably fip out of the chair or break the binds or -  you sarcastically rambled to yourself.

so, with nothing else to help you out in this dire situation, you jumped again and again and again, until your knees hit what seemed to be a wall. or wait - was this a door?