chapter 1 - Always and Forever

Outfits in the external link

Flashback - 300 Years Ago

Night - Mississippi River 

After dark, at sea, with a dark and gloomy mist, a canopy boat sailed smoothly.

Elijah: (voice over)"Over the course of my long life, I have come to believe we are bound forever to those with whom we share blood. And while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength or our deepest regret. This unfortunate truth has haunted me for as long as I can recall."

Two men were talking about the boat.

"What do you make of that?" Man 1 asked.

"No banner; no flag," Man 2 told him. "Floated in out of nowhere. A miracle ship."

"Why is it just sitting out there?" Man 1 asked.

"Suppose we ought to find out," Man 2 told him.

The men and their crew entered the ship, below deck. They walked down the ladder one by one, holding lanterns for light.

"Where in hell is everyone?" Man 2 asked.

"Deserted," Man 1 told him. "Which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you." He looked at three coffins. "What do you make of that? Open it up."

Man 2 hesitated slightly, but soon opened the coffin, to reveal a daggered Kassandra Mikaelson, desiccated, temporarily dead. "What the hell?"

A door was opened.

Men started to get attacked and disappear.

Man 2 was the last one left. He held his lantern to see who was taking his men.

"Hello," Rebekah Mikaelson told them. Man 2 turned around with his lantern up to face Rebekah. Rebekah was transformed, blood on her lips, using a handkerchief to wipe it away. "Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey. Can I eat him, brother?"

"I'd rather you didn't," Elijah Mikaelson told her, stepping out of a dark corner, smiling slightly at Man 2. "There's no need to be afraid." He compelled the man. "And do exactly as I say. You will remember nothing."

"I will remember nothing," the man repeated.

"We've had a very long journey, wherein which, unfortunately, we lost all of our crew," Elijah told him. "Therefore, I will ask you kindly to transport our belongings to the shore."

"What kind of hell demons are you?" the man asked.

"We're vampires, darling," Rebekah told him. "The Original vampires. Rebekah, Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn, our sister Kassandra. May they rest in peace."

"Are we saving the best for last?" Klaus Mikaelson asked.

"And our half-brother, Niklaus," Rebekah finished. "Ignore him. He's a beast."

Klaus stood above them, holding the first man's dead body in his arms, transformed, having blood on his lips, laughing lightly at Rebekah's comment, pushing the dead body to the ground. "We fled Europe and survived the seas. Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?"

"Niklaus, your manners are, as always, without equal," Elijah told him. He looked at the man. "Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?"

"The French colony of Louisiana, off the shores of a town they have named New Orleans," the man answered.

"Thank you so much," Elijah told him. "Oh, I do recommend that you find yourself further assistance for the luggage. My sincere apologies."