Ch 1

"Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time, we lived in harmony, but like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war, a war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy,
hoping to find it and rebuild our home, searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called Earth. But we were already too late"
_________________________________

Y/n POV

"Okay, Mr. Witwicky, you're up," The history teacher said

Sam grab his bag and look at me terrified

"Relax Sam You'll be fine" I smiled to him

"Your sure y/n?" Sam asked

"Of course Sam just go and get that A" I said

Sam nods get to the front of the class, "Sorry, I got a lot of stuff." Sam apologizes as he emptied everything out of his bag when a rubber band flew and hit Sam in the face.

The class laughed at Sam.

I glared at Trent who simply smirked.

'Stop it Trent" I said warned him.

"Who did... Who did that? People! Responsibility!" The history teacher yelled.

I returned my attention to Sam

"Okay, so for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my great-great-grandfather, who was a famous man, Captain Archibald Witwicky," Sam explained.

I smiled.

"Very famous explore, In fact, he was one of the first to explore the Arctic Circle, which is a big deal," Sam said lifted up a yellow piece of paper with a print of the Arctic Circle.

"In 1897, he took 41 brave sailors straight into the Arctic Shelf, so that's the story, right?" Sam said putting the paper down.

"And here we have some of the basic instruments and tools used by 19th-century seamen," Sam said and the class laughed again.

Sam and I ignored them

He lifted up each instrument and tool and explaining what they do.

"This here is the quadrant, which you can get for $80 bucks it's all for sale by the way and like the sextant here. $50 for this, which is a bargain," Sam said, and the class laughed once more.

"These are pretty cool. These are my grandfather's glasses. I haven't quite gotten them appraised yet, but they've seen many cool things," Sam explained

I look unbearably embarrassed as he shows the class our great-great-grandfather glasses.

"Are you going to sell me his liver?" The history teacher asked.

Sam looked at the teacher

"Mr. Witwicky, this isn't show and sell. It's the 11th grade. I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what you're doing," The history teacher continued.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just, you know, this is all going towards my car fund. You can tell your folks. It's on eBay. I take PayPal. Cold hard cash works, too, and
the compass makes a great gift for Columbus Day."
Sam said and the class laughed again.

"Sam!" The teacher yelled out

"Sorry. Unfortunately, my great-great-grandfather, the genius that he was, wound up going blind and crazy in a psycho Ward, drawing these strange symbols and babbling on about some giant ice man that he thought he'd discovered," Sam said lifted up two yellowed newspaper articles.

When the bell went.

"Okay. Might be a pop quiz tomorrow. Might not. Sleep in fear tonight," the teacher said as the class packed up and left.

I stand there waiting for Sam to get his mark

"Okay. Pretty good, right?" Sam asked with a smile on his face.

"I'd say a solid B-," The history teacher said and Sam's smile fell.

"A B-?" Sam asked in disbelief.

"You were Hawking your great-grandfather's crap in my classroom!" The teacher stated.

"No, kids enjoy...Look can you do me a favour?" Sam asked and the teacher rolled his eyes.

"What?" The history teacher asked.

"Can you look out the window for a second? You see my father? He's the guy in the green car," Sam pointed out our father and the teacher nodded.
"Yeah."

"Okay, I wanna tell you about a dream. A boy's dream. And a man's promise to that boy. He looked at me in the eye. He said, 'Son, I'm gonna buy you a car. But I want you to bring me $2,000 and three A's.' Okay? I got the $2,000 and I got two A's. Okay? Here's the dream. Your B-," Sam held his hands together and made an exploding sound.
"Dream gone. Kaput."

I rolled my eyes.

"Sir, just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?" Sam begged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV

"Yes! Yes, yes!" Sam cheered as he ran to our father's car as I following him

"So?" Dad asked us as we got in the car looking to sam and me.

"I got three A+ from each of my classrooms" I said smiled.

"That's good sweetie how about you Sam?" Dad asked.

"A-. It's an A, though," Sam explained and quickly started to put the A in his bag but dad stop him.
"Wait, wait, wait. I can't see. It's an A," Dad confirmed.

"So I'm good?" Sam asked.

"You both are good," Dad smiled and he started the car.

"I got a little surprise for you, guy," Dad smiled.

"What kind of?" Sam trailed off when our dad drove us into a Porsche dealership.

"Yeah, a little surprise," Dad smiled.

"No way, not happening," I gasped, looking around at all the cars.

"No. No, no, no, no. Dad! Oh, you got to be kidding me," Sam said

"Yeah, I am, you guys are not getting a Porsche," Dad laughed.

"Dad that wasn't funny," I said shuffled back down my seat.

"What's wrong with you?" Sam asked in anger.

"You both think I'd really get you guys a Porsche for yours first car?" Dad asked

when dad pulled them into a used car dealership called, Bobby B's.

What do you think about my book and don't forget to vote and comment