Ch 5

Sam Pov

Mikaela got out of the car and I looked at the radio with so much anger.

"Stupid. Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I hissed at the radio while I kicked it.

Suddenly y/n laughed and the radio stopped playing romantic music.

I turned to look at y/n and glared at her.

"You are supposed to not exsist right now!" I growled but she just kept laughing quietly.

I sighed and got out of the car after popping the hood for Mikaela.

"Whoa, nice headers. You've got a high-rise double-pump carburettor. That's...that's pretty impressive, Sam," Mikaela said

"Double-pump?" I asked not really knowing what she meant.

"It squirts the fuel in so you can go faster," Mikaela explained.

"I like to go faster," I mumbled looked at her body.

"And it looks like your distributor cap's a little loose," Mikaela said

"Yeah? How'd you know that?" I asked.

"My dad. He was a real grease monkey. He taught me all about this. I could take it all apart, clean it, put it back together," Mikaela said proudly.

"That's weird. I just wouldn't peg you for mechanical," I said as I mumble Oh,my God into my arm.

"Well, you know, I don't really broadcast it. Guys don't like it when you know more about cars than they do. Especially not Trent. He hates it," Mikaela sighed

I could tell Mikaela wasn't happy with Trent.

"Yeah, no, I'm cool with, you know, females working on my engine. I prefer it, actually," I said

Mikaela nodded

"Okay. You want to fire it up for me?" Mikaela asked

" Oh, yeah, yeah, no problem," I said and went to the drivers side.

"You know, I was thinking. You know, if Trent's such a jerk, why do you hang out with him?" I asked

"You idiot you can't say that, especially not to girl like Mikaela, Sam" y/n whispered.

"You know what? I'm just...I'm gonna walk. Good luck with your car," Mikaela said walking away.

"All right. Walking's healthy, right? Oh, God, no, no, no, no, no, no. Come on, please. Please, you gotta work for me now. Don't let her walk away. Come on, come on, come on. Please, please," I begged as i tried to turn the car back on.

Then car turned on, with the radio blasting
"Baby come back any kind of fool could see!"

I ran out and slammed the hood down.

"Hey Wait a second!" I yelled, pulling up in front of her.

Mikaela got in the car as I drove to Mikaela house.

"There it is," I said, pulling up in front of Mikaela's house.

"I had fun. So, you know, thanks for listening," Mikaela said smiled.

"Oh, yeah, yeah," I said.

"You... You think I'm shallow?" Mikaela asked

"I think you're... No, no, no. I think there's a lot more than meets the eye with you," I  said

"Okay." Mikaela said.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"All right, I'll see you at school," Mikaela said.