The Sun

It's the next day.
He's at home washing the dishes when Eliott returns from his shift at work.
"Lucas?" His voice sounds extremely excited and happy.
"In here."He calls from over his shoulder.
A minute later Eliott bounds in and rushes to wrap his arms around the Lucas' waist and spin him around the kitchen.
They laugh.
"Eli, put me down you idiot" he laughs into his neck.
He loves moments like this.
When it's just the two of them being them. It's the small almost mundane things of the life they're building together that makes him feel the most happy.
Like when they make breakfast together.
Or clean together.
Sunday morning coffee on the couch, their legs entwined and Eliott is drawing in his sketchbook and he is reading one of his many biology books.
Neither saying a word but being together.
Those moments when he can feel Eliotts eyes on him. And he catches the intense love coming from them.
Those piercing blue eyes.
"What?"he'd ask.
Eliott would shake his head embarrassed.
"Sometimes I can't believe you're real"
His boyfriend is a romantic and regularly stuns him into silence with words that pierce his heart.
Lucas isn't sure what he did to deserve that kind of love but it meant everything to him.
Today was the same as Eliott places him back on the floor but kept his long arms wrapped around Lucas neck, drawing him closer.
"I have the best news" he whispers to him. Their foreheads touching.
"Yeah what?"
"I've got the funding. Somehow I got the money to make Polaris!!!"
Lucas' face lights up.
"What? Really? Oh my god, Eliott!!! Fuck I'm so happy for you!!!i know how badly youve wanted this!"
Eliott hugs him tightly.
"It's a dream of mine coming true but Lucas" he says and smiles at him lovingly "you're still the best dream come true I've ever had."
"You fucking sap!" He grins "don't make this about me! This is about you!!!"
He pulls him into the living room
"Tell me everything!!!"
He sits there and listens as Eliott paces the floor, excitedly telling him his plans and what he needs to get started. All the things some anonymous donor had made possible.
He watched in amazement as the love of his life shone like the sun with happiness.
He was radiating with it.
It made all the extra hours at his part time job worth it. All the money he had saved over the last year and a half to see this moment unfold.
It made his heart swell to know he could give him one small thing in return for all the love Eliott had shown him.
Given him.
Made him feel, and believe in when for years he'd thought he made it impossible for anyone to love him.