The Beginning Of

He storms into the living room. Angry at himself that he lost control.
Angry that they are back in this position.
Angry that Lola keeps coming between them and Eliott can't seem to see it.
Calm down.
Calm down.
Fuck.
Fuck.
Anyone else but her.
"Lucas you can't just demand things and walk out."
Eliott who is also fuming has come after him.
"I don't understand where this animosity towards Lola is coming from?"
Lucas stops mid stride and turns to look up at his love.
Anger fills him.
Disbelief.
"And I don't understand your complete disregard of what an asshole she is."
"She's not an asshole. Shes a lost kid. Lost and alone in dark. Like I was at her age."
His defence of her isn't helping the situation at all.
"Eliott you weren't alone. You had Lucille. You had your parents. What is it about this chick that makes you go fucking blind."
"What are you talking about?"
Lucas storms to the phone and grabs it.
Shoving it in his boyfriends face.
"She's called you 9 times and messaged you 27. That's just today Eliott. That's not normal!"
"I know it's a bit excessive but right now I'm all she has."
Lucas, jaw drops.
"You're all she has?"
"Yes. Daphne has Basile, you the rest of the whole gang. Holding her up. Giving her strength. Lola has no one. I need to help her. Be there for her. I understand her."
Lucas feels like his head is going to explode.
"I can't believe this. Do you hear yourself? Eliott she isn't you!"
"I don't understand why you hate her so much. She's never done anything to you."
"I don't hate her Eliott. I just don't trust her."
"You don't trust anyone." Eliott whispers under his breath.
"Excuse me?"
Eliott looks at him squarely in the eyes. He is emotional. He hates fighting as much as Lucas does and they are both on dangerous ground now.
Don't do it, Eliott. Don't use my insecurities against me.
Don't become my father.
"Your default is to be suspicious of everyone Lucas. Are you jealous or something?Is this what this is? I don't have feelings for her ok!"
Lucas takes a step away.
He wants to deck him.
"Oh get the fuck over yourself, Demaury"
He walks away into the bedroom.
Yeah because that's a great idea.
Eliott stupidly follows him.
Fuck
"You don't think it bugs me all the time you spend with, Yann,  who up until you met me you were in love with? You think I like it. I deal with it because he's your best friend."
Wow.
Just wow.
"You're actually comparing Lola, a kid you've known for a few weeks to my friendship with Yann, that spans years???"
Eliott exhausted sits on the edge of their bed.
"I'm sorry" he looks at Lucas sadly "I don't know why I said that. I just don't understand where this is coming from?"
Lucas is furious.
" We made a promise that we'd never use our issues against each other. Did your precious Lola, tell you about our nice conversation the other night?"
He looks up at Lucas blank.
"Oh so she didn't tell you huh? Didn't tell you that I supposedly suffocate you. That I'm a needy, jealous  little boyfriend. That when you're out with me you can't talk to anyone else!!! Is that true Eliott. Are you fucking telling her this shit?"
Eliott looks alarmed and guilty.
"No, Lucas. I may have said something about needing space sometimes but I never said suffocating. She did."
Eliott hangs his head.
"I didn't know she'd twist my words and use them against you."
"Well she did. I know sometimes I'm hard to deal with I know that."
His lip is trembling.
"No baby you aren't"
"Let me finish." He states. Eliott stops talking "listen I know you sometimes need to vent to your friends about us, about me. That's fine. I vent to the boys as well but Eliott please stop telling this person about our private lives. Talk to Idriss. Talk to Sofiane. But please don't give her anymore ammunition to break us apart. Please." He can't hold in his tears anymore. They flow freely. 
Eliott comes to him instantly.
"I'm so sorry. I just see so much of me in her and I thought I could just lead her down the right path, maybe give her something positive to focus on like the film.....it would help her."
Lucas let's him hold him.
"I know what a big heart you have. It's one of the things I first fell in love with. I never ask you for anything but I'm asking now please don't use her. Don't kiss her. Anyone else is fine but please Eliott don't let your need to save her destroy us."
Eliott cries as well.
"I won't baby. I hear you. I won't. I'll tell her tonight and I'll take a step back for a bit. Ok baby. It's going to be ok. I'm sorry."
Both turned off their phones.
Locked out the outside world.
They held each other that night.
Made love soft and slow.
If only he'd known it would be the last time.