CHAPTER FOUR

======
         Have you cleaned the guest room? Momma asked from the kitchen.

          Yes I have, what can I help with here, I asked

           You can help me chop some veggies, she said handing them over to me before walking back to the gas to stir the food on the fire.

            My grandma is coming today and it is making my mum very anxious,she is trying her very best to make things right and in place. I actually didn't share that same anxiousness because my grandma loves and cherish me a lot. We are really close and she's great but my only problem with her is that she taunts my mum.

                Don't cut it in rings Mimi, cut it into cubes, momma yelled at me

           Okay, but you have to calm down, worrying Soo much would only raise your Blood pressure and it really isn't something we should wish for.

          Who is saying I wish for it, I just want everything to be perfect, I don't want any mistakes to happen today and it seems everything is going wrong, she said exasperated

           Everything is going just fine, we shouldn't do beyond our capacity or we would just end up hurting ourselves, you should go ahead and rest, I would do the rest,I said walking over to her and resting my hand on her shoulders and kissing her forehead.

          When I was done with the chores, I proceeded to go freshen up because I have a shoot which I can't miss.

               After entering my room, I proceeded to the bathroom,when I came out, I dressed in a simple Jeans trousers and an off shoulder top. I topped it with an abaya, I picked up my bag and veil, and then proceeded out of the room.

            Where are you going to ? My momma asked as I was about leaving.

        I have a shoot today mom, that's where, I replied trying to set my veil right using my reflection on the TV.

        You know your grandma is coming today, do you have to go?  She asked, probably stressed that she couldn't stop my dad and I from going to work today

          You know I have to go to work today mom,if I want to have my boutique one day, I have to utilize every opportunity to earn more, I said holding her shoulder reassuringly.

           You know we can help you with that Mimi, you don't have to work like this, she said sighing as she sat on the couch.

             I sighed as I sat down beside and turned her to face me,  we've talked about this mom and I know you can help me but I want to start from the scratch knowing that I am the one that worked for it but I promise if I need assistance I won't hesitate to come to you.

            Alright dear, you should make sure you come back early uhnn,she said kissing my cheek.

                 I will, I said as I picked my bag and walked out.

             AFSHEEN KHALIL AHBAN, you are in soup do you know the time you are arriving, safiya said immediately I entered the studio.

         I know I am late and I am really sorry Soo please forgive me, I said all in one breath with my hands outstretched. I know I am seriously late, I mean I am an hour late.

          Just go dress up and come out we have a lot to do today, she said shooing me away. I breathed out in relief before trodding to m y cubicle to dress and get my make-up done.

             Is it all for today? I asked safiya for the third time. It is getting late and grandma would be home anytime soon, that is if she is not home already.

            For someone who arrived late, you are complaining way to much, she said giving me a stink eye.

         You know you love me like that, I said winking at her, before walking to change my clothes for the sixth time.

          By 5pm, we were through. I decided to pray before going home.

           Afsh!!! I heard a familiar voice call.

          Oh God!! Not today, I mutters under my breath before turning around to face the owner of the voice. Clad in a dark brown caftan and a lighter brown budan Kai,  Mubarak looked handsome but that's not my problem right now rather it is how to escape him.

         Hey,how are you doing today?
                Am doing great, I replied

            Soo, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me, say tomorrow? He asked

               I am sorry, I would have to decline, I have things lined up, I said rolling my eyes at his growing persistence.

               Why are you doing this to me afsh, I thought we have been through all this before? He asked with sad eyes

            We haven't been through anything before, I already there can't be anything more between us than friends.

                   But why can't you give me a chance, even if it is for two weeks, if it doesn't work out, we can go our separate ways, he pressed.

          I am sorry I can't agree to that and you would have to excuse me please, I have to go pray, I said I as turned on my heels and walked away.
  I know I was rude but please can't he take the hint🤷🤦

             Assalamualaikum!! I called as I walked into our home.

         Walking further, I sighted my parents along with another woman in the living room.

        Wa alaikumus salam, they answered as the woman turned to face me and I recognized her to be my grandma.

       GRANDMA!!! I exclaimed as I ran to hug her.

             Soo you miss me and you couldn't wait at home for me, she said sarcastically

               You know I have to work grandma, by the way how was your journey? I asked sitting beside her

          It was such a bumpy ride that all my back is aching right now, she complained

          That's the consequence of refusing to travel by air, but nevertheless I presume it would be repaired by the time you are ready to leave, I said consoling her

          Well, that wouldn't be anytime soon because I have decided to live here, she announced

       WHAT!!!!!!!!! I exclaimed with my mouth hanging open.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
        Thanks for reading...... LOVE YOU ALL ❤️❤️❤️💓 💓❣️

          Don't forget to click on yell star by your left hand side and comment............
   PLEASE AND PLEASE SHARE AMONGST YOUR FRIENDS 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏