Becoming a stranger again- ch. two

Lucy's pov:
We pull up to the mansion and Mira puts her car in park and quickly turns it off. Mira and Erza jump out as well as I. We walked up to the doors, but I quickly stopped them before they could open the doors. "Guys, wait!" They looked at me with questioning expressions. "There is something off.. I feel it. It just gives off a bad vibe." They both look back at the doors and pull out their guns.

They then kick the doors open and readied there guns. They soon put them down as I waited outside the doors only a few feet away. "My God.." Mira says while putting one hand over her mouth. I then began to walk inside. "What? What is it?" It felt like everything went in slow motion. My eyes slowly widened. Erza and Mira look back at me. They rush over to me to try and stop me, but it was to late. I saw all of the maids and butlers dead on the ground. Their blood spread everywhere. Some even had their heads bashed in to the point I couldn't tell who they were.

I backed away and screamed in fear and sadness. I fell onto my butt as I stared wide eyed at all of them. Erza and Mira both run to me side and try to comfort me again. Mira looked to Erza. "Go take a look around. If you see anyone you don't know.. kill them on sight." She nods and runs away inside. Mira placed my head into her chest and rubbed my head. "Ssshhh.. I know Lucy... I know.." I felt a tear drop fall onto my head. Then it clicked.

Mira knew them all long before I did. She and Erza were friends with Natsu for a long time.. these people were probably like family.

Just the thought of her suffering made me begin to sob loudly and hug her tightly. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I sobbed out. I began to blame myself for all of this. If only I hadn't wanted to take a peak at what Natsu looked like that night.. none of this would have happened.

"Erza comes back and Mira looks up at her with a sad expression. Erza then sat down beside us and hugged the both of us. She as well began to cry.

I can't imagine how hard it is for them. I only knew them for a week while they knew them for years. I'm so pathetic! Damnit Lucy! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER! Stop whining!

I wipe my tears away and stand up, breaking away from their hug. They looked up at me in confusion. I only looked straight ahead at the huge stair case leading to the second floor. "Guys... I'm sorry. If I hadn't gotten curious the night of my father's gambling session with Natsu then none of them would be dead. This is all my fault. There is no way I can reverse this though I wish I could even if that'd mean I lost Natsu, I'd gladly turn back time just so they could live. I was selfish and because of that they are dead." I held back my tears and looked down at them. "But the week I knew them, then I know they wouldn't want us to sit here and cry over them. They'd want us to leave as fast as possible."

Erza and Mira smiled at me and stood up. "You're right. Come on let's hurry and get your stuff Lucy." Erza says and I nod. We quickly run up the stairs and straight to my room.

Once we are inside Mira tells us she's going to go see if Natsu has any suitcases I could use. Erza and I nod. We hurry to my closet to start taking everything out. Once I opened the door I see Hadly and Keely in a corner crying and shaking. They looked up at me in shock. I gasped and ran to them. "KEELY! HADLY! YOU GUYS ARE ALIVE!"

They both hugged me back tightly. I could feel them both shaking like crazy. I felt awful for them. "Guys we gotta get out of here quickly. Where is Nova? Is she ok? What about Brett? Is he alright too?" They remained silent for a second until Erza walked up behind me. "Keely.. Hadly.." she whispered, but loud enough for us to hear her. They looked up at her and she coughed down. She hugged the both of them and cried. "I'm so happy.. I'm so happy the both of you are alive!" They were shocked for a second then hugged her back too.

"W-we don't know where Nova and Brett are.. they may be in Nova's room still though." Keely says and Erza lets go. She stands up and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Stay here with them and start unhanging your cloths. I'm going to go see if they are alive." I nod and she runs out with her gun in hand.

I begin to quickly unhang my stuff and throw in on the floor. I began to hear shuffling behind me. I turn around to see Hadly and Keely taking things out of my drawers. I smile and say there names aloud. "Please, go get your things packed. You are coming with us. We'd never leave you guys behind." They both look at me and Keely smiles. Keely grabs Hadly's wrist and runs out.

Mira soon comes back in with two big suitcases, three travel sized suitcases, and one duffle bag. "Uh.. Mira?" She looked at me. "Yes?" She asked like nothing happened. "Why... why so many?" She shrugged and started to throw the cloths from the ground into the suitcases and duffel bag. I give her a poker face and continue with unhanging my cloths and getting things out of my drawers.

Once Mira and I were done Brett comes running into the room. "LUCY!" I snap my head towards the closet door. "Brett?" I whisper. I then began to scramble and stumble out of the giant closet. Once I was out I saw Brett standing there huffing. I began to cry all over again. I run to him and jump on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I sobbed into his shoulder. (A/N: before anyone assumes anything NO she does NOT like Brett like that and he does NOT like her like that. They are like brother and sister) He hugs me back tightly. "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect them all.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry!"

WASH YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS YOU FILTHY SINNERS!

(This idea was given to me by fairytail_for_two )