4

y/n's POV
he's treating my bruises... he really is caring. he looks so focused and concentrated. a beautiful sight to be honest. i catch myself thinking about it.

Y/N NO! you have a boyfriend... yeah one that doesn't love you anymore. seungmin isn't like him at all..

seungmin.. he's caring. why is he doing this for me? is he sorry? does he like me? is he taking pity on me? i want to know.

"who did this to you?" he asked all of a sudden.

i was hesitant, but i had a gut feeling seungmin would protect me. he wouldn't tell anyone.

"m-my boyfriend.."

"YOUR BOYFRIEND? this isn't okay. you should leave him."

"i- i can't. he'll do something bad if i ever did.."

"y/n.. i can protect you-" he suddenly cuts off his sentence by covering his mouth.

i look into his eyes with a genuine smile. protect me, huh... seungmin, don't make me fall for you.

seungmin's POV
did i just say that? i totally did. oh no.. she'll think i like her.

wait.. don't i like her though? i always find myself writing her name and thinking about her all the time. my mind is only thinking of her. it makes me sound crazy.

i notice she's looking at me with a smile on her face. i've never seen her smile like that.. her expression in school is always a straight face. she looked gloomy at times. but, she's actually smiling. is it because of me?

i finish treating her wounds and bruises. i put everything back to where it was and turn around to talk to her.

"break up with your boyfriend. i'm worried about you. i know you're scared, but like i said, i can protect you."

she smiles and takes a deep breath. she nods as she takes her phone out. she scrolls through her contact list to stop at a name. it must be the name of her boyfriend. i catch a quick glimpse of the name.

no way... it can't be. maybe i'm seeing things. it couldn't possibly be him.

she dials his number. i can hear it ringing. i take a seat next to y/n. the other line picks up the phone.

-call-

???: "yeah what do you want?"

his voice sounds familiar.

y/n: "w-we need to talk.."

y/n takes a deep breath.

y/n: "i want to end things. i want to break up. you're not the same person i once knew years ago. i need a break from your verbal and physical abuse."

???: "what did you just say? YOU WANT TO BREAK UP?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO YOU, YOU WEAK BITCH!"

y/n flinches. i look at her and held my hand out. i wanted to talk to him. she was hesitant, but she gave me her phone.

seungmin: "yah! i'll make myself clear. if you ever lay a finger on y/n again, i'll teach you a lesson."

before he could respond, i hung up.

✖️

i give the phone back to y/n. her reaction to everything was quite cute. she was shocked that she said that, but she soon smiled. she got up and immediately hugged me.

she was crying. i could tell they were happy tears. she finally broke through a wall she couldn't get through.

"seungmin, thank you.. if it weren't for you, i don't know if i would ever be able to do that."

those words.. i felt calm and happy. having her in my arms is a feeling i always want. i could tell her dark, gloomy world finally had light. she could see clearly and i hope the first person she saw clearly was me.

y/n, i think...

i love you.