𝟭𝟬♡

𝗡𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬

the winter passed,vk's were invited to a vacation with ben's family in the mountains.

all five of them looked like little kids when they saw snow,evie and asa almost got a frostbite from how much time they spent outside.

asa and irena started going out more and more until they happily announced that they were dating.

both of them were happy that they had taken it slow and got to know each other more.

as for asa,his mothers dead still haunts his dreams but he made peace with it.he learned how to control his 'titan' form with help of fg thought he only transformed few times.he doesn't really like being so high in the air.he's scared of heights.

the truth about his father is still a mystery fg won't tell him.she said it is not safe for him to know it yet and he agreed,he would much rather spend this time with his girlfriend and friends.

as the new semester started, ben asked mal and asa to establish their statuses in auradon,hence the cotillion. asa and mal would become official lady and lord of the castle when school would finish.but irena's parents wanted to take it a step further.irena was to become a duchess of auradon a month after cotillion and her parents told her they wished for asa to become a duke of auradon but they didn't say the reason why they wanted it that way.

jane and fg had been preparing everything for the event the exact same day irena and ben announced it.

irena happily helped jane and let ben rest as his duties as a king tired him out he couldn't even help them decide where would it be held.irena told him to only worry about mal's present and she'll handle everything else.

𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗔

the cotillion was 2 weeks away and whole auradon focused on preparing everything.evie and i made the dresses for some girls ourselves so i had to find jane some other help but it was easy when the whole school is helping.

again,i insisted on making my own dress,which was this time much more harder.still,i wanted for it to be a surprise,just as asa's suit.

i worked hard on them and maybe sometimes too hard.but i want this to go perfect...

just as i was about to thread a needle i heard a knock on my door and put the needle down.asa entered on hiw own,one hand holding two mugs by the handle and second arm was filled with material.

i took material from his hands and inspected it."evie sent it to you,said that you have few more orders.i think the papers are somewhere in there."asa said as he put the mugs down and then sat on my bed.

i playfully glared at him."i hope evie know's she owes me a lot for taking her dress orders too."

asa made himself at home,he kicked off his shoes and laid on the bed.i took the material to the desk,rolled it out and took the papers evie left for me.

"did you eat today?"asa asked me and sipped on his tea.i gripped the tiny needle between my fingers and continued on sewing the dress."yeah but not much.this cotillion thing is stressing me out and if i eat too much i'll get sick."i saw the look on his face."don't worry,i'm doing good."

"alright then but please do not overwork yourself,i trust you and i know that you know your body the best but if i notice that you get sick i'm intervening."asa told me.he got off the bed and put his shoes back on.i stared at him,confused.

"you're going already?"

asa nodded."i just have to talk about something with mal,i'll be back soon.besides you're working on the dress and i know i'll somehow distract you."

i nodded as he kissed my cheek."tell evie that we have to give the finished dresses today after lunch."

"i will,see you."

𝗔𝗦𝗔

i walked into evie's and mal's room

mal stood in front if the mirror in a...quite ugly dress and evie was behind her,altering it.

"asa,please tell evie that i need to breathe in order to live."mal grunted.evie chuckled and said."well, you can breathe after cotillion."

"hello,ladies."i greeted as i closed the door with dramatic hand gesture.girls chuckled and i dropped the facade.

"evie here you go.irena said that you need this papers.and she also told me to tell you that you two need to get the dresses to their princesses later."

evie finally let go of mal and took the papers from my hands.

mal got down from the platform and i looked at mal,seeing her watching her old jacket.she misses the isle.this life isn't really for her.maybe it's only because she has to go to all the banquets and meet all kings and queens.i don't really mind it since i have irena by my side so i can endure it but she obviously can't,she's not really people person.

"guys?do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the isle right now?"

"that's funny."evie chuckled sarcastically as she read the papers irena gave her.i turned my head to the tv when i heard the music play." ah! look who's on tv."i smiled teasingly at mal.she glared at me and looked at the tv with smile.

"as the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with aladdin and jasmine."i snorted when i saw mal spit the food she ate into the napkin.i often did that so i understand her.i can't believe the camera caught her.

"six months ago no one thought king ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last.mal must be counting the days until the royal cotillion...when she will officially become a lady of the court and in the same day princess irena and asa will become duke and duchess of auradon."i huffed as i listened to the reporter.mal gasped and ran to her nightstand.i got up with confused frown just as evie.

"read it fast at lightning speed. remember everything i need."i glared at her when she used that spell.i caught her doing spells months ago.i know she wants to fit in so badly but she can't use her spells.she's lying to ben,to everybody.

"i know mal's secret to fitting in, and ben wouldn't like it one bit.haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?"evie asked her.

"evie, you remember what i was like before i started using my spell book. i mean, i was a complete disaster.if irena hadn't helped me i don't know where i would be right now."

"well, personally, as your best friends, i strongly believe that this spell book."i said and swooped down to take her book.mal whined and tried to get it back but i put it behind me."belongs to museum,just like evie's mirror."

"don't give us the face."evie scolded."put the pout away.mm-hmm.you know we're right."

"you don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?"

"like stealing and lying and fighting?"

"yeah!"

"no!"

"what?"

"why would we?"evie pulled mal up the the tv."m, come here. look at where we are. we're in auradon! and we're auradon girls now."i studied mal's face when evie told her that.i didn't know she was still thinking about the isle.i looked at the tv and saw irena and me this time.it was the banquet where King Adam told the kingdom that irena and i were to become duchess and duke of auradon.

"since mal revealed her love of strawberries and asa his love for cherries,they both have received hundreds of cartons from their admirers."i laughed at that.the kingdoms storage was full with fruit,irena and i took few boxes of cherries and ate them all when we had movie night.

"see, this is the land of opportunity. we can be whatever we want to be here. so, please,let's just leave the past in the past, okay? besides, i mean, look at the shoes. look at them."i laughed at evie's excited face.

"mm. severe."