Chapter 5

I was thinking of trying a different writing technique so... let me know if you liked the old way better, or this one.

   Madeleine Masterson enjoyed planning things.  What she didn't enjoy was when her parents wanted her to take very large spiders to her things.  "Mummy,"  Madeleine said sternly.  "I don't want to bring him and my friends won't want to see him.  So why must I take him with me?"

   "Madeleine!"  Mrs. Masterson said exasperatedly.  "I thought you were over this fear of yours darling-"

   "I am mummy!"  Madeleine said raising her voice just a hair.  Something she did not do very often.  "I don't understand though, why that would then mean, that I must tote the wretched creatures that once haunted my dreams with me everywhere I go!  It makes no sense the way you expect me to love them.  I was paralyzed at the thought of spiders before.  Now I let one sleep in my room!  Tell me that's not progress!"

   "Madeleine dear, you're getting worked up."  Mrs. Masterson replied.  Madeleine then gave her mother such a dirty look that she was sent to her room.

   "15 years old and being sent to my room.  Ridiculous.  Utterly ridiculous!"  Madeleine muttered as she walked up the stairs.  (Miraculous fans any one?)

                    _____________

   "Mom, Madeleine's parents are covering most of the expenses, and most of the travel will be done in a bus they bought special for our reunion!  Let me go!"  Theo Bartholomew pleaded with his mother.

   "I already said alright Theo, enjoy your trip!"  Mrs. Bartholomew replied.

   "Yes, but I thought you'd put up a bit more fight.  I'm going on a summer long vacation with no adult supervision, does that bother my mother?  No!  Apparently she would like to see her favorite child killed!"  Theo said dramatically.

   "Alright then, you can't go, and,"  Theo's mother added.  "I love all of my children equally."

   "Please mom!"  Theo begged, dropping down onto his knees and tugging at the hem of his mothers dress.

   "Well... okay."  Mrs, Bartholomew assented quite used to her son and his antics.

   "Thanks mom!"  Theo exclaimed, throwing his arms around her and smiling hugely.  "Now, while I'm away-"

   "Theodore Bartholomew!  This better not be another one of your extensive lists that absolutely forbids me doing some things, leaves me with a million numbers to call in case of emergency, and tells me to sign on to things like that help button on tv."

   "Of course it is!  You need to be safe and those Medical Alerts really work!"  Theo told his mother with a surprised look on his face.  "Now, look both ways before crossing the street because in 200-" 

   "I don't care about 2000 anything Theo!  We have been over this, I put you in a special summer school to help you understand!  I'm the adult.  You are the child.  I will do as I please while you're away!  I thought you were over this fear of yours but it's looking more and more lately like you could use another semester in that school!"

   "No, no.  No, no."  Theo said patiently.  "I'm fine.  Now, I've already put the list on the fridge if you want to read that-"

   "Theo!"  Mrs, Bartholomew yelled.  Theo scrambled up the stairs pausing a moment and turning to his mother.

   "You will look at it though?"  He asked.  She started toward him, causing Theo to dart to the top shouting behind, "That was a valid question!"  and, "You know I'm your favorite!" 

   Mrs, Bartholomew sighed and collapsed into her chair.  He was such a good boy, thought Theo's mother.  If only he wasn't so annoying.

                      ______________

   Lulu Punchalower convinced her mother to let her go easily.  It only took 7 simple words.  "It's a School of Fear thing mom."

   "Alright."  Mrs. Punchalower said dismissively. 

   "Be safe."  Mr. Punchalower said in the same dull tone.

   "Thanks guys.  I'll miss you lots."  Lulu said sarcastically before going to pack her bag.  Lulu's brother had asked more questions than that and he was younger than her.  I guess it's just my parents, thought Lulu.  Theo has to tell his mom more than that.

   As it turned out Lulu was not the only one who's parents didn't mind her going in the slightest.  No questions asked.

                     _______________

   "Mommy, daddy?"  Hyacinth called, running excitedly over to them when they answered. "I have something I'd like to ask you."

"What is it dear?" Mr. and Mrs. Hicklbee-Riyatulle asked simultaneously, each wearing bored expressions.

     "I would like to travel to America with my School of Fear friends and-"

    "That would be fine honey."  Hyacinth's mother replied.

    "Enjoy your trip sweetie."  Mr. Hicklbee-Riyatulle added.

    "Alright then!  Thanks!"

    No problem darling..." Hyacinth's parents said together.

                    _______________

    Garrison Feldman was out on a date with a beautiful girl, oblivious to the conversations his mother and father were having with Madeleine Masterson in his absence.

    "It sounds expensive..."  Mr. Feldman was saying to Madeleine.

    "All expenses paid sir."  Madeleine replied.  "Oh do let him go sir!  I assure you that he'll be chuffed if you allow him to come!"

    "You aren't going to convince me by using words I don't understand."  Mr. Feldman said frustrated by his own confusion.

    "Codswallop!"  Madeleine exclaimed.  "Sir!  I am offering a free vacation to your boy and yet you still refuse to-"

    "What do you think I am?  Some kind of cheapskate!"  Mr. Feldman shouted.  "I say he can't go!  Therefore-"

    "Therefore we would be... um... chuffed to let him join you."  Mrs. Feldman interjected.

    "That's bloody excellent that is!  I can't wait to tell him-"

    "Actually... why don't we surprise him?"  Mrs. Feldman suggested. 

    "No!  I said-"

    "What a mega idea Mrs. Feldman!  I'll fly there first.  I'm actually packing now... would tomorrow be proper for you?"  Madeleine wasn't meaning to use so much British slang but they kept slipping out.  Ozzy used a lot of this language and Madeleine always loved a new word.

    "That sounds... mega?"

    Madeleine laughed.  "See you tomorrow then bye!"

    And so it was settled.

Hey y'all!  I'm sorry it took me so long to update I'm working on a project that takes me away from wattpad a lot but I hope you guys enjoy the latest!  Please vote and comment!  Love y'all, BYE!!!