Twenty-Four

I can feel their eyes burning through me as I glared back at Negan, his devious smirk never once leaving his lips.

And in what seemed like an instant, I remembered everything.

Memories I had hidden deep within be had resurfaced once more, and it only took looking at this man again for them to come back.

Fuck. I'm so fucked.

" Wow Luna " Negan starts, chuckling as he backs away and stands on his feet again.

I try my hardest not to look at Carl, but it's so hard when all I want to do is make sure that he's okay.

How long have they been here for?

My heart is racing and my head is fuzzy. I fight back the urge to cry and try to swallow to help my dry throat.

I'm scared. But I will not show it.

" I thought we were friends! How could you forget me? " Negan laughs and I tilt my head to the side, a very sarcastic smile suddenly playing on my lips.

It's a trick I always used when I'd get scared and feel hopeless.

I simply act like I'm not. Like I don't care.

" ahh Negan, someone like you can never be forgotten now can they? " I nonchalantly say.

I made sure to thank the heavens that my voice hadn't cracked.

" still got the attitude, Kid " he laughs and I keep the smile on my face the entire time, not once losing it.

Carl. I hope he's okay. I hope they're all okay I should've been quieter. I would've seen them and somehow found a way to help them but I chose to be dumb ins-

" holy shit! How fucking rude of me! " the psycho with the leather jacket yells before gesturing for me to come stand beside him, which I end up doing out of fear.

Fear. Who the hell have I come?

" Luna, meet my new friends " he points his bat at the people of Alexandria kneeling right in front of me as a crowd of saviors surrounds them.

My heart drops at the sight and my eyes start to sting. I fight back the urge to cry as I look each one of them in the eye, until I'm looking at Carl.

His eyes held fear in them, but I could tell that he was trying so hard not to show it.

It's how he's always been.

He acts like he's not afraid, but I know that he always has his own fears.

I never lose eye contact with him and maybe I had been hallucinating but I saw his eye sparkle before he blinked right away.

No. God please no.

Negan starts to tell me their names one by one, pointing his bat at whoever he is introducing before saying some mean shit about each one.

I'm not scared of Negan. I'm scared of what he can do.

That man, he's restless. He does not know what the hell mercy is.

And I unfortunately had to know the hard way.

" and that over there, he's my favorite. That's Carl " he chuckles, his bat now pointed at Carl who squints his eye at him.

" doesn't he look like a fucking badass with that shit on his eye " Negan erupts in laughter and I look at him, an eyebrow raised.

" why do you have them here? " I ask. My eyebrows knitted together while I await his answer.