Twenty-Nine

Everything was on fire.

People were dying and we were losing.

Not just ourselves, but our loved ones too.

The saviors came in and started firing, all hell went loose, and I lost Carl after he promised to stay by my side.

I've been looking for him everywhere but I can barely see anything, and the smoke is killing my lungs.

" Carl! " I screamed out load as the sound of gunfire hovers over my weak voice, my eyes watery due to the wind and strong smoke.

" Rick! " I call out again but again, I hear nothing but gunfire in return.

My heart is racing and my head is pounding, I feel numb.

" Carl! " I call out again, but this time, I get an answer.

But it's not who I wanted it to be.

" Luna! Over here! " I'm dragged my wrist underground, into what I'm assuming is a sewer.

The second my feet touch the concrete ground, I turn around and face Michonne, embracing her in a hug before pulling back and watching her tear up.

" what? Is everyone o- " she cuts me off by nodding towards the right where everyone sat silently on the ground, their eyes on us and I let out a sigh of relief.

" Carl!? " I excitedly call out his name as I walk through everybody to find my boy.

" Luna " it was him, but it wasn't at the same time.

My heart sinks at the sight in front of me. Rick was sobbing and Carl was sprawled out on the ground, a huge bandage on his abdomen as he stares back at me, crying.

His face is pale and his lips have lost their color.

No, no no this is not happening to me.

Wake up Luna wake up. Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake u-

" baby " he manages to let out before I fall on my knees, lips slightly parted and eyes frozen on the bloody bandage, eyes watering.

" Luna " he calls out my name and I slowly face him, tears silently rolling down my cheeks.

I can't speak, I can't move, I can't do anything.

I am lost.

Carl is dying. He got bit.

" oh my god " I whisper loud enough for him to hear and he gulps, struggling to breathe.

" come here " he says, slowly opening up his arms and without any hesitation, I fall into them before closing my eyes and sobbing.

I felt my heart break with every sob that I let out and my throat felt so dry.

I'm losing the love of my life.

The one thing that has kept me alive, the only thing I'm still here for, is dying in my arms.

I failed him.

I failed myself.

" I love you " I manage to let out between sobs when I pull back from his arms and place my hands on his cheeks, sniffling as he cries while trying to somewhat smile at me.

" I love you more "

••••

His body was cold.

He could barely breathe.

Michonne, Rick, and I sat around him, watching him take his last few breaths as he cries and stares back up at us.

Rick cried and said a few words, so did Michonne.

I just silently watched, tears slowly falling down as I keep my eyes on my dying lover, trying to imagine my life without him, but failing to do so.

And then the time came when he told us to leave, his eyes filled with tears.

Hesitantly, Michonne and Rick left, standing by the door as they await me, but I looked back at them and nodded, and it was almost as if they could read my mind.

I faced Carl once again, watching him look back at me, his eyes fluttering.

" princess, you have to go " he weakly says and I nod.

" I know " I replied, my fingers running through his hair.

" I love you so fucking much " he says and I sniffle.

" I love you so much more. So so much more "

And with that, I placed a kiss on his forehead one last time before getting out with Rick and Michonne.

We heard the gun go off, and that's when it was all over.

That's when i lost the love of my life.

And it all felt as if I had suddenly gone to waste.

The End.

I want to thank you guys for your constant support and for loving this book as much as I loved witting it.

Thank you guys.

Until next time.

-L