Blue

Soobin fluttered open his eyes when he heard a commotion from down the hall. Slowly he sat up from his bed and stretched, his back ached from the terrible mattress he slept on. He heard Taehyung yelling, he does that a lot, and an unfamiliar voice yelling back.

"Must be a new inmate," Soobin made his way over to the front of his cell in hopes of seeing this person, "He better stop talking back before Tae-"

A loud slapping sound echoed through the halls.

"Too late."

It was dead silent again and Soobin sighed. He wrapped his hands around the bars and peered over to the direction the sound originally came from. Sure enough, it was Taehyung dragging a new boy down the hall by his collar. Soobin continued to stare and didn't notice that they stopped in front of his cell until Taehyung cleared his throat.

Soobin took a few steps back and glared at the man, "What?"

"Today is your lucky day," Taehyun explained, ignoring the younger's attitude, "You're getting a new cell-mate."

Soobin diverted his gaze over to the boy who was currently staring down at his two feet. Soobin couldn't make out what the boy was feeling through the expression on his face, but he did notice a bright red handprint on his left cheek, "I thought I wasn't allowed to be around anyone else due to how much I know."

"This is a special case," Taehyung said as he let go of the boy to pull out his key card. As soon as he did the boy attempted to run away but Taehyung was fast.

Much faster than him.

"You little shit," Taehyung grabbed the boy and held him in a choke hold.

The boy grabbed at Taehyung's arm and tried to get Taehyung off of him but to no avail. The boy kept flailing, and this caused Taehyung to tighten his grasp. "I-I," The boy continued to struggle, "I can't b-breathe."

Taehyung remained unbothered and it wasn't until the boy passed out that he loosened his grasp. He quickly used his key card to unlock the cell and threw the boy in, "You two try your best to get along now." Soobin didn't respond and instead just watched as he walked away.

What does he mean by special case?

Soobin looked down at the boy to make sure he was okay. He was conscious once again, but he continued to just lay there. Soobin extended a hand to help him up, but the boy didn't react.

"What do you plan to just lay there all day?" Soobin asked confused.

The boy shrugged, "I give up." Soobin crouched down next to him, and they just stared at each other for a few seconds, "What are you looking at?"

"I'm just curious about you is all," Soobin tilted his head, "What's your name?"

"Choi Beomgyu," the boy answered as he slowly sat up, "And you're Soobin."

Soobin nodded. He figured Beomgyu must have saw him when Taehyung went to all the districts to warn them about trying to escape. Soobin wondered what district Beomgyu was from and without any warning he placed his hand under Beomgyu's chin and pulled his face close to his own.

Beomgyu widened his eyes, "What are you-"

"Orange," Soobin observed and let go of the other boy.

"Y-you could have just asked!" Beomgyu covered his cheeks with his hands, feeling a bit flustered.

That's when Soobin noticed both of Beomgyu's hands were wrapped in white bandages, "What happened?"

"Huh?"