A Reminisce and an Invasion

Meanwhile at the underwater streets of Sacramento, the rushing rivers guided us through the flooded river. I kept eyeing on the view of the floods to see if the city is close.

"Any sign of the city?" asked Marty.

"No. Besides, I don't know what the city Chanticleer went looks like."

"It can be any regular city, like New York," Alex mentioned.

"You know about New York?" I asked him.

"We use to live in the Central Park Zoo in New York," Gloria answered, "Until Marty here decided to break out to experience the wild," she said, eyeing Marty. Marty couldn't help but blush with discomfort.

Melman finished their story. "We broke out as well to find him at The Grand Central Station, but when we found him, the police and animal control found all of us. We were about to be shipped to Africa, but somehow our crates we were in got tumbled overboard and we ended up in the island of Madagascar."

"That must have been rough," I said.

"We thought it was," Alex said "but we met some crazy lemurs. Their king is a little kooky, but he's a good pal. It went well until I got my "instincts." I almost made a buffet out of my friends. When the foosas arrived, that's their enemy by the way, they almost made a meal out of my friends. That's how I overcame my instinct my instincts."

"How did you guys get back to New York?" I asked them.

Gloria finished it. "We were about to take the boat that we were shipped on, which is somehow ran by penguins, but it ran out of gas. Instead, we were going back on an old plane we constructed, but that flight didn't last long. We crash-landed in Africa. It's a great place."

"That's where I met my long-lost parents," Alex informed.

"I thought I was like any other zebra," Marty said, "but at least Alex saw some difference in me," said Marty, turning to his pal Alex.

"I thought a stud hippo in the savannah was the man of my dreams, but he's a little shallow," she said with a little embarrassment, "But that's where I learned that my best friend was the real man of my dreams."

"If I hadn't learned the courage to express my true feelings for her, I would've lost my perfect woman," Melman said, hugging his mate.

"You've all must have been through a lot," I told them. "So you let Africa when the rain came to find the Duke?" I asked them.

"That's right," Gloria said.

"I hope Chanticleer is still out there." I said with concern.

"Me too, girl," said Gloria, "Me, too."

In the cloudy skies, Hunch and six other owls were heading our way. Hunch was leading the way. "Alright, you guys. You heard The Duke: Total and complete annihilation." The owls flew down and Hunch zoomed down to our boat. Melman looked up. "Uh, guys, we have a problem." Hunch tried to be an airplane. "Bombs away!" He aimed and slammed right at me. I stumbled in the boat and tripped into the flood! Every time I tried to emerge, Hunch kept dunking me in even further.

"Breana, grab a hold!" Alex threw a rope in the flood. The other owls started to lift the boat out of the flood, along with the gang. Luckily the lifted boat lifted the rope that I got a good grip on. As I climbed to the top, Hunch grabbed my arms with his claws, ready to drown me for good. In the boat, Gloria noticed something on it: a flare gun. Instantly, she shot the bright flare into the air. The flash of the flare caused the owls to go blind. "Bullseye!" she boasted.

Unfortunately, the blindness caused the owls to drop the boat and back into the flood. Luckily, the owls ran into a billboard and into the high waters, which cause Hunch to drop me back into the boat, without any of us overboard. The boat was now rushing through the floods faster than ever. We all rush into another room in the bottom of the boat and locked the door nice and tight.

The boat was big enough to squeeze into an aqueduct pipe.

Meanwhile, Hunch stopped at a near rock and spotted our boat going through the pipe. Since it was still dark, he got the sign of the pipe wrong. "Ah ha. An adequate pipe." It must have been victory for Hunch.

If you think we'll be safe in the room, think again. The room isn't as secured as we thought.