Prolugue

Prologue: Wishes

It was in preschool where we first started to hate each other. It wasn't because he bullied me or because our parents didn't get along, it was simply because we were both too different. Him being the smart, polite, and little goody-two-shoes while I was the stupid, not well educated bad kid.

I had wished for him to just die in hole somewhere and he wished for the same to me. That was the type of relationship we had. Although all of that changed once in middle school.

I had been wandering around the streets full of rich and fancy houses. Now, don't think I did it on purpose, I had been sick at that time too. Can you imagine yourself walking in those streets for days? Lost and not well? Maybe not, but I did just that. I got lost and just walked in those long roads like a stray ghost, hoping someone would take me in. But all they offered me was a disgusted look and ignored me.

I remember fainting somewhere and ended up in a warm cozy place. It was too comfortable and peaceful I thought I was dead, I thought that this was Heaven. I didn't have the strength to open my eyes at that point either. Although, I had always heard a soothing voice with an accent telling me stories of stars and their wishes that apparently come true.

When I finally had strength and was well enough, I decided to open my eyes. I found myself in a room that looked like it was a castle. I remember looking around and noticed a big picture frame on the white-colored wall that had a picture of a little boy looking slightly serious. I gasped and almost screamed as I saw who it was. It was him. I was shocked that it was him who took me in, I didn't think he'd even bother much less give me food when I was walking in the streets.

I ran that day without him knowing, but not because it was him, but because I was filled with so much courage and hope. I wanted to go back home to my mother. I wanted to tell her about the stars and their wishes. To give her hope again.

Maybe he doesn't remember that time anymore, but I do and I hate the fact that I owe him my life for saving me. I remember going to school and secretly thanked him over and over again in my head. When both of our green eyes looked at each other, even for a second, we pretended it never happened and just argued like arch enemies.

It wasn't until I heard he got betrothed to my best amigo's cousin in the first year of high school that I realized I actually loved him all that time. When he saved me. How could I have been so stupid? I knew by that time that he will never be mine anymore. That I won't be able to be by his side and argue about the littlest things like how couples do it and hear his soothing voice talk about the stars and their wishes.

I remember that when I heard that I stopped believing in wishes. But now I wi- I hope that we all at least have a happily ever after, that we all find true love and stay with that person forever. And that we all "learn from our mistakes and get the best from them".
But if the stars do make wishes come true, then I wish for one thing only...

And that is that Arthur Kirkland doesn't hate me anymore.