Final Part

Lexa's pov:

I stand up quickly and chase after Clarke. I have to slow down while I'm walking down the steep hill, because I remember what happened last time when me and Clarke rolled all the way down. When I get to the bottom, I run to my car, that me and Clarke took here, and I see Clarke sitting in the back seat. I walk to the other side and open the door, hopping in the car and sitting next to Clarke.

"Please look at me Clarke."

I can see Clarke hesitate, but eventually she looks at me. "Clarke I'm not going any where ok? I won't leave you if you don't want me to."

Clarke looks away from me and tears begin to flood down her cheeks. "You have to go to college." She says, through the crying, and now my eyes start to water too.

I put my hand on Clarke's chin, and move it so she has to look at me. "Clarke please, I love you and I'm not leaving you. I'll take 3 years off college so we can go together. I'll move to wherever you want to go. I'll do anything to stay with you. Please don't cry." I beg, as my heart shatters.

"Lexa I love you too much to let you throw away your life for me." Clarke says, moving my hand off her chin.

"Then we can do long distance. You know I won't cheat on you."

"Of course I know that Lex, but you deserve a real girlfriend who will be close to you."

"Then I'll go to college here."

"I can't ask you to do that!" Clarke yells angrily, and I'm surprised, and I back away a little.

"Your not asking Clarke I want to."

"Lexa I cant watch you put your life on hold for me. I love you too much. You deserve the world, and I can't give it to you and I'm so sorry."

"Clarke don't say that."

"No Lexa it's true. I just want what's best for you ok? I love you."

"Then don't do this Clarke! Don't give up on us!" I say, tears now flooding down my face.

"This isn't me giving up on us. This is me betting on you. I love you Lexa and that's why It's over. We are over."

Clarke opens her door, and gets out of the car.

I want to chase after her, but I can't move. I can't think and I can't talk, so I just sit frozen in the car. I can't believe what just happened. Clarke just broke up with me. I can't understand what just happened. I love her and she loves me, and I thought that's all that matters.

I don't know how much time passed, but suddenly the doors open and Octavia gets in the drivers seat and Lincoln sits next to me.

"Clarke texted me Lex, I'm so sorry." Lincoln says, wrapping me up in a tight hug. I grab onto him, and just cry into his shoulders, not able to talk. We drive for a while and then Octavia stops the car In front of her house.

"I think it's best if you guys stay here tonight. I'll go back to Clarke's place and check in on her." Octavia says, opening my door. Octavia and Lincoln bring me into a guest room and tuck me into bed, and Lincoln sits next to me and Octavia leaves.

I can't stop thinking about Clarke. I'm not mad at all, just confused and sad. My world just shattered into a million pieces, and I never saw it coming. I love Clarke so much, and I thought we were forever but I guess I was wrong.

I slowly drift off to sleep, snuggling into Lincoln, and letting my sadness dissolve into the night.

————————