Chapter 15

This photo will be involved in the chapter remember that! I will be using a lot of photos from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina's cast. 

Dahlia's POV

I nearly ran into the guard posted outside my room. He grabbed my shoulders to stabilize me. 

"Sorry!" 

"You're fine Lia." He laughed. Recognized the voice.

"Samuel!" I exclaimed looking at my best friend from Kent.

"Lia!" He teased using the same tone.

I laughed in disbelief. "How are you here?"

"I may have mentioned wanting to be a guard and August pulled a few strings."

"That's great! I'm thrilled for you!"

"Same! He also got me posted outside your room!"

"Oh that's awesome! I can't seem to say anything other than that." I laughed and Samuel did as well.

"You should probably get to your room your maids are waiting for you."

"I'll do that then. It's so good to see you again Sam!"

"It's good to see you too!"

I stepped into my room and was bombarded by my maids. I was asked multiple times if I wanted them to prepare a bath. I did my best to quiet them down. I explained that they could go and that I would be in this dress a little longer. Ellie-Mae giggled, Saffron winked at me, and Anne rolled her eyes at them with a smile. As they filed out I sighed and plopped down on my bed. It wasn't to long before I heard a knock on my door and Micah walked in.

"Hey." He breathed out softly.

"Hi." I stepped into his open arms hugging him.

"You looked nervous during The Report. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine now it's nothing to worry about."

"If you're sure."

"I'm sure."

Eventually we pulled away somewhat reluctantly and he surveyed my room or the room I was staying in. His eyes landed on a photo on my desk. It was of me,  Samuel, and Jacob. It was taken at the Illea's place after a meeting.

"Are these your friends from back home?"

"Yeah. The one in the middle is my friend Samuel and the one on the right is Jacob."

"Samuel's your guard isn't he?" He asked with a smile.

"He is apparently someone managed to get him posted outside my room."

"You two aren't going to wreck the Palace together are you?"

"Hopefully not, but back home we were quite a chaotic group." Which we were. It seemed that we were commonly in some sort of trouble most of the time pranking other Northern rebels.

"I would assume so."

"Why's that?"

"You're a wild person that much I know and it seems like you would attract other people who could handle your free spirit."

"That makes a lot of sense actually."

"I'm glad it does. Anyway that's not why I'm here."

"Oh?"

"Come with me."

Once again very similar to the first night I took his hand. We shot off down the hall and I saw Samuel give me a wink. This time we ran past a group of the selected and I saw the scowls on their faces. I could care less I was having fun. This time instead of heading to the gardens he pulled me up the stairs. Once again Shalom had to jump out of our way.

"I'll kill you both!" He shouted after us.

Micah and I ignored him and continued to run. Eventually we stopped and Micah stopped at a small more hidden doorway. He dragged me up the stairs. When we stopped we were on the roof.

"It's gorgeous." I commented on the view.

"Yeah you are." Micah said. 

I turned and saw him looking at me. "Thank you," I said with a small smile.

I didn't realize that I had been looking anywhere but him until he tilted my faces towards his. "You're blushing." He laughed lightly.

"I am not." I protested even though he was right. I've always gotten really awkward when watching romantic stuff.

"Dance with me?" He asked.

I laughed. "Gladly."

He took my hand and led me through a simple waltz that I already knew.

"You're really good at this."

"Thanks my Aunt used to be a dancer before going into modeling she's taught me a lot about it."

"That's cool. Are you and your Aunt close?"

"We are. She lives in Belcourt though so we don't really get to see each other often."

After some more small talk we fell into a comfortable silence my head buried in his chest. His arms were wrapped around my waist tightly and I'm pretty sure we couldn't get any closer if we wanted to. One of his hands moved up to stroke my hair and I snuggled into him further, proving myself wrong. His chin was resting on my head and I heard him let out a small chuckle at my reaction.

"Are you normally this cuddly?" He asked me.

"No actually. I'm just really relaxed right now."

"So am I. It's nice to have some privacy."

I pulled back to look at him. "Thank you for taking me up here."

"It was genuinely my pleasure."

"Still thank you."

"You're welcome." He caved. "I was wondering..."

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

I nearly melted right there. He actually asked. I simply nodded. When our lips connected it wasn't like fireworks. It was everything perfect. It was safe. I leaned into him further and wrapped my arms around his neck. Eventually we parted for air. We didn't say anything just smiled. He kissed me again this one shorter, but just as perfect before I buried my face in his chest again perfectly content with the world.

Next chapter is gonna be you guys getting to know Dahlia without any spoilers. If you have any questions for her please comment! I don't care if you've never commented before I want to answer your questions and I love talking to you!