•5•

(Kieran's POV)

Kayla told me a long time ago that Nick always
complains when he gets back from the studio because he is so hungry. Therefore I'm going to make him some food. Hopefully that'll make his ass happy.

I grab the stuff from the cabinets and the fridge and I start to make him grilled cheese. Hopefully he likes this stuff. I could ask Kayla, but I'm sure she wouldn't even tell me.

The door opens and I see Ansley walk in with Simba in her hands, "Hey. How was the vet?"

She groans and puts him down, "Awful. He was so freaking mad. He had to get like three shots and he was pissed."

"Aw poor buddy."

Ansley sits down at the island and I continue to make the food for Nick, "What are you making?"

"Grilled cheese," I say.

She nods her head, "Do you know when Maggie will be back?"

"Where even is she?" I ask.

She starts laughing, "What do you mean where is she? She's meeting up with management for her new song." She tilts her head and raises her eyebrows, "How could you forget?"

I nervously laugh, "I didn't forget. I just thought she already came home from it."

"Oh, I don't think she has," she says, "Hopefully it doesn't take that long. I want to know what they said."

"Me too," I say. The front door opens again and the boys all come in. Brandon and Nick come straight to the kitchen while the other three take their good old time.

"Hi, ma," Nick says while hugging me from behind.

"Hi, how was the studio?"

"It was good," he says. He lets go of me and I put the grilled cheese on a paper plate, "Austin and I made a new dance. We are going to talk to Ian about using it for a song."

"Oh, that's awesome," Ansley says, "You guys are going to use it for tour?"

"That's the plan," Nick says.

I turn around and I hand Nick the plate of grilled cheese, "I made you food since you
always complain about being hungry."

It gets quiet and Nick looks so confused, "You made me grilled cheese?"

"Yes?"

"I hate this shit," he says laughing a bit, "And you know that."

"Ha ha," I say quietly, "I was just kidding anyways."

"Since when do you cook anyways?" Edwin asks.

"I love cooking," I say while turning around to clean up my mess.

Everyone starts laughing, "No, you don't. You have always hated cooking. That's why you always make Nick cook," Zion says.

"Well maybe I want to start learning to cook."

"Fair enough," Zion says.

Everyone starts talking about random shit again and Nick leans over to my ear to whisper, "Can we talk upstairs?"

"Yea," I say.

Shit. What if he knows? What if he thinks that something is up? I have been getting a lot of shit wrong. What if he caught on?

We walk upstairs together and I sit down on the edge of the bed. He sits down in his spinning chair and he sighs, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know that," I say.

"Well I'm just reminding you because you have been acting really weird recently," he says, "I just feel like you are hiding something."