Chapter 6

Today I woke up in less of a bad mood. That is until my yonger brother Chris spilled his cereal all over my shirt. So I was almost late because I had to change.

Ally and Normani are talking about boys again "Shocker!" They are always talking about boys don't get me wrong I don't hate them, I just hate how Ally and Normani talk about them. They are always like "He so cute!" or "He's so popular and cute! Package deal! " In my opinion looks are the least important thing in a person. The most important thing is a great personality. I much rather spend my life with someone who cares, is respectful, and overall a great person and be less attractive. Then spend my life with a good looking, dick head.

"Hey laur? " I hear Ally say in half a wisper.

"Yeah Ally-Cat? "

"Who do you think is cuter, James, or Conner?" I gave her probably the ugliest look you can give someone. She just totally proved my point. James and Connor are both very attractive but are assholes to girls.

"Neither their both assholes." I said in an agrivated tone.

"Who cares about that, Connor is definitely cuter. " With that Ally and Normani started arguing again. I decided to text Dinah and see what she's doing.

Hey D, Help me! -L

Hang on I need to get my cape, I can't save anybody with out my handy dandy cape ;) Alright anyway whats the problem? -D

Ally and Normani are arguing about who's a cuter boy and it's so annoying because both guys are assholes! -L

This is just my opinion, but personality is what matters. You can have maybe not the best looking guy, but he'll treat you like your a princess. Or you can have a hot attractive boy who will treat you like a pile of shit. I much rather be treated like a princess. -D

I totally agree! Anyway see you in english -L

Can't wait ;) -D

******* (Moving to Lunch before English)

"Hey laur" Ally said as she was taking a seat next to me.

"Hey Alls how is your day? " I said as Normani was taking a seat next to me.

"Its been great so far! Connor talked to me! Oh and that cute guy Troy asked for my number!" Ally said while making this fucking loud screech.

"Ally will you keep it down! People are staring. She just shrugged and started talking about boys to Normani. I put in my headphones and tuned out everybody until lunch was over.

"Hey laur? " I hear Allybsay while tapping my shoulder.

"Jesus Ally you scared the shit out of me! "

"Sorry and language! Anyway lunch is over."

"Okay thanks and sorry!" I said running to english class. I can't wait to talk to Dinah. I love my friends but I can only take then for so long. Dinah on the other hand hasn't annoyed me once yet. I don't know what I like most about her; weither its her goofyness, or her looks, I don't really know shes beautiful in and Out,so I'm not complaining.

Once I got to english there she was, the one girl who keeps me up at night with her goofyness.

"Hey D! "

"Jesus Lauren! Don't sneak up on me like that unless you want a poly beatdow!"

"Haha bring it on Hansen"

"After school behind the dumpster 3:00 don't be late Jauregui"

She started laughing histerically and fell to the ground. I was trying to hold in my laugh ad best I could.

"Hey lauren how come I've never seen you smile, or laugh?" Dinah asked standing up with a serious look on her face.

"I don't know, I feel like being happy is too overrated." I said looking down at my feet.

"How is being happy too overrated?" I didn't answer.

"Lauren? Please answer me. " She put a conforting hand in my shoulder. I instantly melted into the touch.

"I feel like if I'm happy it's easier to distroy me. I'm gonna be happy one day and the next I could be let down and it would all change. It just easier to put up a wall and avoid the heartaches instead of running head first into them. " I look up and straight into the Polynesian's eyes. You could see them coated over with a thin layer of tears.

"Lauren listen to me. Being happy isn't overrated at all. Its amazing. Isn't it hard to live a life were your always misserbale? I have a feeling it is. I mean look at when I was laughing right there, you wanted to laugh but you forced yourself not to. Why I don't know. I don't know why you don't want to be happy. I have a feeljng something happened because I bet you were such a happy person before but I could be wrong. I dont know your past and I don't know alot about you, but im determined to make you happy. I'm gonna get you to show me your beautiful smile, im going to get you to laugh. It may take time but I've got time I'm not going any where." With that I gave her a ginormous hug and broke down crying. I don't know why exactly I'm crying right now. I usually hide my feelings really well. If I wanna cry I usually do it in my room with the door locked. But Dinah brought something out of me. It felt good to be able to be comforted. I heard our teacher come in and I glanced up at her. She was about to speak when she saw me and Dinah. She nodded her head towards the door. Dinah grabbed me and hers bag and grabbed my hand. She led me into the hallway and out the front door.

"Dinah where are we going we can't just skip class. " I said trying so hard to stop crying.

"Yes we can. Im taking you somewhere so we can talk, and I can make you feel better." We arrived at this car. It was a navy blue Nissan. She opened the door for me and threw our bags in the back. She got into the drivers seat and pulled out of the parking lot. My adrenaline was pumping. I've never left school early unless I had an appointment or something, and to be honest I was horrified.

"Dinah where are you taking me? "Were going to the beach. It almost impossible to be misserbale at the beach. "

"I don't know Dinah, I'm not really in the mood to go to the beach. " I wad staring at my hands and playing with my fingers.

"And why don't you wanna go to the beach? "

"Well because you have to take your shoes off because you'll get sand in them. Also it smells bad. " "See now your just lying." she said never taker her eyes off the road.

"And how do you know that? " I was getting alittle agrivated now.

"Because when I said were going to the beach I saw you face light up. You may think you can hid your emotions but with me you can't. I can read how your feeling. I can tell if your sad because your eyes instead of being the beautiful emerald green, they become a sad blue grey color." I could feel my face become a dark crimson color. And after 5 more minutes we pulled into the beach.