Chapter 3 - A Different Life

We left from home. Mom , dad and Harry came with me to drop me off at airport. Mom was looking at me with tears in her eyes but she tried to hide it. "Hannah , take care dear , I will miss you so much " she said.
" I will miss you too mom " I replied not being too emotional because after this is what I wanted. She then planted a kiss on my forehead. Dad hugged me and Harry gave me a hi-fi , with this they left.

Soon I was in the flight. I was not travelling in plane for the first time but I was definitely travelling ALONE for the first time ever. I was not scared of anything but the feeling of loneliness ate me and I realised why mom was shading tears. I gazed here and there and saw a baby playing with his mom and I don't know what happened but I was drawn into tears. The person sitting next to me saw me and was amused.
"Are you all right ?" he asked.
"I am fine" I said. I wiped my tears and put my earphones on and looked at the clouds in an attempt to distract myself.

The flight landed. I took a cab to the address I was given. While sitting in the cab I called mom.
"Hello" I said.
"Hello , did you reach Hannah ?" She asked
"Ya mom , the flight landed half hour ago and I am in the cab going to the hostel."
"Ok dear , take care and call me when you reach there."
"Yup mom , bye , talk to you later" and with this I cut the phone.

I reached to the address. There was a large building in front of me. There was not anything special about that building except that it was really big with around 30 floors and I didn't expected my hostel to be like that. My imagination of hostel was like a small dormitory with small rooms and common kitchen and bathroom for all.

I went inside. I saw a man sitting on a chair and a table in front of him. He was wearing a uniform of security guard. The table has two books in front , on the cover page of one was written 'entry book' and on other 'new students'.

"Hi , how may I help you ?" He asked me
"Hello , I am Hannah Williams . I got admission in the Dental College and was given this address for accommodation " my voice was sweet but firm.
"Okay , just give me a minute " he said and then started flipping the pages of 'new book' searching my name in it.

"There you go. Just sign in front of your name". He said pointing at the empty space in front of my name.
I took the book and and pen from his hand and signed at the empty space.

"You have to go to room no. 302 on the third floor. Your roommates are already there . You got a little late admission , the college started two days ago " he grinned.
"I see , thanks for your help" I replied and went ahead.

I became little worried about 'roommates' because I never had one. I did not share my room with anyone till now. And this was clearly the first time I was going to live in hospital. I was thinking all this and walking ahead. I saw a lift and a staircase. I wanted to go with stairs because there was rush near lift. But since I had some luggage with me I opted for the lift. I went there and waited for lift to come. It came after 2 minutes and I went in and pressed the button '3'. Lift stopped on 3rd floor and I came out pulling out my suitcase. I saw two rooms numbered '301 and '302'.  I went towards room no '302' and rang the bell. No response came. I knocked on the door thinking the bell might not be working.

The door opened. On the other side , there stood a girl in night pants. She looked simple but pretty and somewhat shorter than me. She greeted me with a smile on her face.

"Hi , I am Teena , you can call me Tee." She said.
" Hi , I am Hannah " I replied with a smile.
"Nice meeting you , you must be our new roommate , come in ".
I nodded and went after her. I entered in a large hall , there were seven mattresses laid on the floor. After hall, there was a kitchen and a bathroom. A room was also there which was locked.
"Seniors live in this room"  Teena said to me when she noticed that I was staring at the locked room.

"Come let's meet the other girls " she took me to the hall. I saw another four girls in the hall. The first girl was sitting on her mattresss with phone in her hand . She was the shortest of them all. She was very thin like a stick.

"Hi , I am Veronica " she said with a smile and we shakes hands.

The second girl was laying next to Veronica. She looked taller than me in few inches and she was talking with someone on phone.
"She is Alice" Teena told me . Alice looked at me and smiled. I smiled back to her. .

The third girl was already waiting for me. "Hi , I am Sarah. We will be good friends." She said excitedly.
"Yeah , hope so . " I grinned.

The fourth girl was standing near the window with her eyes focused on something.
"Diana" Teena called her but she didn't replied.
"Diana" Teena called her again in a louder voice this time and she turned to us.
She was looking really messy with her hair all around her face. She had prominent dark circles and was looking very tired.
"This is Hannah , our new roommate" she told to Diana with gesturing at me .
"Hi" she replied to me and turned back to the window again.
"Don't worry about her , she doesn't talk much" Teena said to me and I nodded.

"It's going to be dinner time soon. Get some rest and we will go for dinner ." She said to me.

I nodded and laid on the mattress on the left side of Veronica. I called mom and told her about everything.

"Hannah, I know it will be a bit difficult for you to live alone , it will entirely be a different life for you but I have this feeling that your all roommates are good and they will help you . Be good with them " mom said.

" I will take this as an advice mom"
"Good , now go for dinner otherwise u'll be late. This hostel must have its own rules and regulations."
" Don't know about that, but I'll tell you as soon as I get to know." I chuckled.
"Bye honey, good night"
"Bye , mom."

Author's note :
Well , I found this chapter interesting , don't you guys ?
Please tell m in comments did you like this chapter and don't forget to vote. I will update next chapter real soon.
I am sorry for my terrible grammer