kageyama tobio ; stars

Saturday, 6:00 AM.

The sun beams on my face. The morning had finally arrived. It was another busy day for me though. I got up and got ready because I need to go to the mall to buy a few stuff for a project.

I wore an oversized yellow tshirt and black shorts. I tied my hair into a ponytail and wore slip on shoes. I put my stuff that I need inside a tote bag.

"I'll be back." I say to my tabby cat named Adi while I kissed her head as she purrs as a response.

I heard footsteps approaching as I got up. It was my best friends looking like she just woke up, not knowing what to do.

"It's so early. Where you up to?" [bf/n] groans as she scratches her eyes, entering the living room.

"I need to buy stuff for a project." I smiled at her. "Watch Adi for me please?"

"Sure, as long as you buy me a burger when you get back." She smirked as her eyes were still closed because of the sleepiness.

"Ugh, I'll think about it." I chuckled before leaving.

Today's weather was pretty good. It made my mood great also even though there were a lot of people in the mall today.

"Yikes." I say to myself as I looked over the shops, people rushing and fighting over who gets the items first.

Good thing I was going to a book store.

As I arrived there were also a lot of people inside but it was fine. I grabbed a basket and started looking at the section where the paper was.

Buying everything was tiring since the store was crowded. I decided to buy fast food, but that might be the worst decision I made this day.

It was already a given that the lines would be long, but at the shortest line, someone familiar was standing at the end.

Oh no.

It's my ex. Kageyama Tobio.

My eyes widen as I saw him right there. I was already hungry so I have no choice but to wait in line right behind him. I made sure I didn't make a sound while going there and only looking at the ground, incase he sees me.

damn, this line isn't getting any shorter.

I sighed and tried to find myself a table. The stuff I was carrying was getting heavy already.

"[y/n]?"

Oh no.

I tried to pretend I didn't hear it and looked down, but he faced me to look at me properly. I looked up slowly.

"Oh.. Tobio, Hello." I said as his eyes were pierced on me.

He just nodded in response and faced front trying to remember what he was ordering.

My heart was racing. His gaze was definitely handsome. A lot has changed in his appearance, but the look on his eyes were still the same.

I waited for him to finish ordering before taking a deep breath. I glanced at him, holding his tray, finding himself a good spot to eat.

As for me, I couldn't find an available table. Worse, it looked really embarrassing since I was in the area where Tobio was. I can feel he was looking at me.

"Uh.. [y/n]."

I looked at Tobio.

"Do you wanna share the table?"

"Oh, sure. Thank you." I tried to act calm as possible.

As I got closer, I noticed that It was a table with four chairs. I was about to sit in front of him, but he also had shopping bags and it was placed at the other side. The only available seat was beside him.

He was just looking at me as if he wanted me to sit right next to him.

I put my stuff at the other side as well, then sat next to him. I felt him move so that we aren't too close to each other. 

"Enjoy you food." He said before taking a bite of his burger.

"Thanks, you too."

I couldn't eat properly because of the  awkward atmosphere and when I got a notification from my best friend, saying that the deadlines were moved but more paperwork was added.

"You look stressed." Tobio says as he stopped eating to face me properly.  "Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah.  You?" I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed and grabbed his burger in his other hand. 

"After all the years, you still sure know how to lie about your feelings, [y/n]."  He says before eating the rest of his food.

"Why? Do you care?" I bit and looked the other direction.

"Let's go."

"Huh?"

"C'mon, we need to lessen that stress." He gestured me to stand while he was already on his way to carry the stuff I brought.

My soft heart followed him all the way to the parking lot and watched him put our stuff inside. I sat at the shotgun seat and looked at Tobio who was now starting the engine.

"Where are we going?" I asked. It was 6 PM,  how can he lessen my stress?

"Stargazing."

My eyes widen. Stargazing was out favourite thing to do back then. We'd talk about our problems and just look at the stars while holding hands.

We arrived at an open space with a good view.  I haven't been here before.  We got out and just leaned on the car.

"It's a new spot I found.." he says softly.

"Oh, it beautiful." I say smile while looking up.

As I was adoring the number of stars, I noticed Tobio was already staring at me for a long time.

"Stop staring. There's a lot of stars. See?" I pointed up.

He chuckled and crossed his arms.

"Sorry, I missed this." He mumbled the last part.  "This is where I usually go whenever I feel troubled. I didn't wanna go to our usual spot since.. you know." 

"It's alright." I smiled to reassure him that everything is fine. "Thank you though."

"It's all good, [y/n]." He smiled, finally looking at the stars for a few seconds, then back to me.

"How long has it been?" He suddenly asked. I bit my lip, and looked at him.

"Four years."

"Four years,  yet you're still the one who shines brighter than these stars." He held my hand, as I got lost in his eyes, while he gave me the softest smile.