Scene 17 - Jackson's Fascinating Study

Morning of Monday 17th. Harlington Straker studios, we see the signpost to the studio. A SHADO Jeep pulls in to the studio. Deep underground from the studio to SHADO HQ, Straker at his desk with Colonels Foster and Lake in front of him as the Commander plays with a glass ball throwing it from hand to hand as he thinks deeply.

Straker:

Henderson? He went berserk. I got a load of ear from him about the inefficiency of SHADO, our vehicles and our equipment.

Foster:

Well its not our fault the aliens have found a way of penetrating through our DNA tests. After all, Gaitskell's body was in full health.

Straker:

Yes. But his mind wasn't. Unfortunately that excuse Foster isn't going to settle Henderson's attitude. The conference in ruins. The delegates all lying in a morgue a hundred or so metres from where we are.

Foster:

I thought that Henderson felt that we handled security well.

Straker:

Me too. But we'll still have to wait for Jackson to finish the tests.

Lake:

It will be quite a story for Mr. Parry sir. If there is any evidence left of the ruins he won't have anything to back it up with.

Straker:

No. What worries me if the world leaders were sat around that table yesterday afternoon, and not their selected representatives. Or if any of us had been there.

Lake:

And what does the UN propose to do about the future regarding UFOs?

Straker:

Well Lake, another conference was in fact suggested. But after the disastrous failure of Glen Carrick, the project has been completely abandoned.

Foster:

Looks like it will still be normal then.

Straker:

Looks like it Foster. But if Henderson or anyone else pushes for a change to dispose of SHADO or anything similar due to our failure to ensure maximum security, which Foster I agree we managed effectively as possible, despite the circumstances and events that occurred. At least this will give us a chance to delve further and explore the aliens and their methods of transplanting themselves, and how they can hide their biology and DNA against our scans.

A bleeping is sounded on his desk and presses it to reveal the video link to Dr. Jackson.

Straker!

Jackson:

Commander. The tests are complete. Will you come down here?

Straker:

Right. We could have some very interesting answers.

Straker rises as he leaves followed by Lake and Foster. In Jackson's lab, he reads by himself the document whilst he has the bodies lying out in front of him on trolleys as Jackson stands over them. The four main delegates we saw; Gaitskell, Jackovick, MacArthur and Fareish and also Ronnie Swaid. They have sheets over their corpses bar their heads of the infected patterns, pussy spots and the horrid state of their bodies with their eyes shut. Straker, Foster and Lake all enter.

Well Jackson, what've you got?

The Doctor is stunned, abhorred, disgusted by his studies in his document.

Jackson:

I... I just can't explain it. It's... just... I don't know where to begin.

Straker: