Part 4 - Confrontation

Namjoon was taking a nap, while Taehyung was doing work at his desk a few feet away. Well, trying to do work. Namjoon had the lights turned off by the time Taehyung got back, and Taehyung didn't want to disturb him so he decided to keep the lights off. The brightness of the computer screen hurt his head, and not to mention he was never very good at concentrating on assignments in the first place. Yet nothing quite compared to the immense pride he felt when he actually turned something in.

Namjoon, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. He would sit down and do nearly all his assignments in one go, and then read a book. He was nothing if not a mystery to Taehyung. He would have liked to think that Namjoon inspired him to do his work, but he didn't. Not most of the time, anyway. Nothing could, really. Just when he thought he started to focus, another distraction would present itself.

Taehyung's phone suddenly started vibrating next to him, he always refused to turn his actual ringer on. Relieved at the excuse to stop doing work, he flipped his phone over to see Hoseok's name followed by two emojis of different flowers. He pressed the green button to answer the call and quickly fixed his sitting position to something more comfortable, immediately shoving his work to the back of his mind.

"Hey!" Taehyung greeted, a little too enthusiastically.

"You guys hungry?" Hoseok asked. It was clear by the background noise and his unclear voice that he was busy doing something as he was calling him. Once the word "hungry" had been said, Taehyung realized just how starving he was. He playfully kicked Namjoon to wake him up, knowing he wasn't completely asleep since he wasn't snoring like a truck yet. Namjoon groaned to acknowledge him.

"You hungry?" He repeated Hoseok's question.

"Mhm." Namjoon whined.

"Mhm." Taehyung imitated his dormmate's tired noises, knowing Hoseok heard it through the phone anyway.

"Alright, awesome. Meet us at Miro's in like half an hour." Hoseok said, shortening the name of their favourite restaurant.

"I assume I'm paying?" Taehyung already knew fully well he was the one paying.

"Yup! That's your responsibility as the rich friend."

Taehyung sighed at Hoseok calling him "The rich friend" once again.

"Hey what about that kid, Jimin? Namjoon always talks about him but I haven't met him yet, is he gonna be there?"

"Oh, that's a good idea. I'll text him and see if we can pick him up. I'll let you know."

"Kay, bye." Taehyung replied before hanging up.

Smiling at the thought of food, Taehyung turned his chair to Namjoon again.

"Get up."

Namjoon responded with another groan. The younger tsked at the older's laziness.

"I'm gonna go throw some stuff in at the laundromat first, so you go on your own and tell everyone I'll be there soon."

Once more, Namjoon replied by simply groaning.

"Don't fall back asleep." Taehyung whipped the thin blanket off of him before leaving the room, guaranteeing that he would wake up.

- - -

Taehyung entered the laundromat, taking in a whiff of the smell of cold metal and detergent. The place was completely empty, which relieved Taehyung. Mostly because he didn't like the old, crotchety lady who owned the place and who never did anything but sit in her chair and judge his every movement, but he also just didn't feel like dealing with people. All he wanted was to put his laundry in and go get some food with a few friends. Nice, easy, casual.