May 27, 2328

That morning, when the guards came for her and her things, she didn't resist them, going swiftly but with one request:

"Please, give Elliot this letter."

If she was going to leave this castle, she wasn't going to have it be because Elliot was uneducated in what had happened, but that he had let her go after knowing what truly happened.

Aleah didn't care if he didn't even open it, but he would have every explanation about the dress and Peyton.

Elliot awoke the next morning with fresh thoughts stirring in his head. The more he thought about what had happened last night, the more he realized how unsure he was about what he had done. He certainly hadn't acted like a prince, that much was clear, but he still felt like he was missing a piece of the puzzle.

And he knew the only way to figure out what that piece was by talking to Aleah.

He hurried out of his room, taking the steps two at a time until he crashed into a butler carrying a silver tray.

"My apologies, Your Highness. I was just looking for you. Lady Aleah wrote you a letter before she left that she wished for you to see."

Elliot ripped open the otter greedily, devouring Aleah's words. He hadn't realized until now how bad he had felt after their encounter, despite his feelings of guilt clouding his thoughts.

Except it wasn't a letter, not really. Two things were inside the letter: a blue ribbon similar to the one of "Penny's" copper dress, and the original designs for said dress.

The design was drawn out in a bright blue sparkly pen, dated years ago. All of the measurements were written in childish lettering with certain, more recent notes next to certain things. Like by the color: Copper, like the American penny: small, somewhat insignificant, but important to the currency of the country. Symbol of who you are. By the details of the dress: Plain but classic. Elliot liked simplicity. Shows off true beauty. By accessories: Single white peony in hair, like the garden.

Every note was about him, how to better her design so that he would like it, but that spotlight was stolen from her, literally.