Chapter Seven

Jung Hoseok

Hoseok shifted uncomfortably on the grass he lay on, eyes twitching underneath closed lids. A shadow loomed over him causing him to stir awake. He let out a soft groan before slowly opening his eyes, the figure before shifted a little. He blinked slowly, letting his blurry vision clear out to a beautiful clear blue sky. The sound of chattering flooding his hearing.

"Hobi"

The male groaned pushing himself up into a sitting position, cradling his pounding head. There was shifting right in-front of him before he felt a hand on his head. Hoseok shivered, eyes snapping open. He removed his hands from his head and looked up coming face to face with a young beautiful female.

"D-dawon?" He said in shock, the female smiled softly and squatted before him, moving her hand to grasp his.

"Hey, lil bro" she said softly. Hoseok felt his eyes burn with upcoming tears, he scrambled to hug her earning a soft gasp and a giggle.

"I thought you were dead, I thought.." he said as his body shook, she rubbed his back.

"I don't really know what you are mumbling about but I'm here and completely fine." She reassured and he drew back, eyes bloodshot and nose a pink tinge. He sniffled and wiped his eyes gingerly, Dawon sighed softly before patting his head. "Cmon let's head over to the carnival"

Instantly their surroundings shifted, Hoseok watched with wide brown eyes as the scene before him morphed into a carnival. An old carnival that he and his older sister would go to whenever they met. Dawon stood upright, playfully pulling Hoseok along with her earning a startled chuckle. The thoughts that occupied his mind suddenly disappearing.  That carnival was loud and filled with people like any other normal day, it was relaxing so to say. Hoseok looked around, watching people go on rides while others grabbed food and hanged out. He felt an unknown feeling of weight lift off his shoulder making him feel giddy. Dawon glanced at him curiously before nudging him.

"What's so funny?"she asked with a raised eyebrow, the younger male shook his head and looked at her with a soft smile.

"Nothing, just happy to hang out with you,sis" he said earning a look of adoration, Dawon playfully shoved him before grabbing his hand and dragging him to one the nice rides knowing he wasn't too fond of the scary ones.

"The line's pretty long" Hoseok thought aloud, Dawon hummed in agreement and turned to him.

"We can go to another ride if you want or maybe grab some food while we wait for the line to shorten"she suggested.

"I'm kinda hungry actually"he told her, she nodded before leading him through the crowd the food section.

"Anything you have in mind"she asked, Hoseok looked at the many food carts and motioned to the hot dog stand at the far right. Together, they made their way over, conversing like nothing wrong could happen today. After grabbing Hot dogs and drinks, the two sat at a nearby bench to eat.

"We haven't seen each other in awhile" Dawon begun after a long pregnant silence of them munching on food. "I know it's because you've been busy with your dance studio and I'm so proud of you, Hoseok"

"Thank you"he mumbled, clutching his drink a little before looking at his older sister. "And your fashion career has skyrocketed" he smiled. "I knew it would go well". Dawon playfully punched his shoulder, her ears a light pink from shyness. She was always like this when people complimented her.

"Of course it would, who do you think I am. The Jungs are meant to be successful after all" she said playfully earning a chuckle from the younger male. After their lunch, they walked around letting the food settle before actually going on a ride.

It happened so quickly, Hoseok's surroundings shifted from gray into a park near the carnival. He sat on the picnic blanket laying on the grass as Dawon stood before him, taking pictures of the sunset. Confusion crossed his visage, his head starting to hurt all over again.

"Dawon?"he called and the older female hummed before turning to face him. A loud bang echoed in the air making Hoseok wince and close his eyes, the feeling of wetness on his skin. The sound of a sharp gasp made him open his eyes and he felt his heart drop to his stomach.

Dawon fell to her knees, blood coating the back and front of her sundress, Hoseok sat frozen in place. Her blood splattered on his face and shirt. She coughed up blood, hunching over in pain which made Hoseok snap out of his shock. He scrambled to her quickly and held her close before she could land on her side and hurt her head. He shakily brushed her stray hair out of her face, his throat closing up as tears started to fill his eyes, blurring his vision as time went by. Blood dropped from the side of her mouth and her nose, she weakly grasped Hoseok's hand in pain.

Dawon was dying ..
HIS OLDER SISTER WAS DYING!

Hoseok put pressure on her wound and looked around for help, fat tears rolled down his cheeks. He shook violently and cried not noticing his surroundings shift into darkness, the trees and grass around them decaying at a rapid rate. He felt like he couldn't speak nor think well, his throat hurt so badly that only broken sobs were heard. Dawon stared at him with dimly lit eyes, the lack of color in them made him cry even more. The older female squeezed his arm weakly earning his attention as wind started to pick up.

"I-it's okay.." she whispered, Hoseok shook his head and ducked it, bangs covering his eyes as his body racked with sobs. His heart beat hard in his chest, he felt so weak as his head hurt even more than before. "It's alright... baby bro.."

"I-I'm so sorry.." he choked out, she chuckled lightly before coughing up blood. Hoseok rubbed her arm to try to calm her down. She groaned before shutting her eyes tightly.

"Don't be" she mumbled out, the color on her face drained making her look sickly pale, she weakly stretched out her hand and patted his head. "It's... not your fault"

Her body went limp in his grasp, causing him to still with wide glassy eyes. He shook her lightly.

"Dawon.."

"Dawon Cmon... wake up"

"Please.. wake up.."

His body shook violently as a heavy sob wretched through his system, he laid his head on her shoulder as grief overtook his body. He clutched her arm desperately as he cried, mumbling out apologies. He shut his eyes tightly with gritted teeth before everything went dark.

Hoseok startled awake, eyes adjusting to his surroundings before the familiarity seeped in him. He was back in Seoul, he groaned in slight pain before sitting up, a breeze blew by brushing against his skin gently. He was still trembling terribly from the event that happened, did he fall asleep and have a dream or the creator made an illusion to feed onto his fears? The male put a hand on his chest,the other palmed the gravel beneath him.

Carefully, Hoseok got to his feet. Checking himself over if he had any injuries of any sort before letting out a heavy sigh. The previous event stuck in his mind, he clenched his hand into a fist bitterly as he got lost in his thoughts.

"SHUT THE HELL UP"

Hoseok snapped out of his thoughts, the voice sounding oddly familiar. He looked around, letting the ringing of the voice guide him, his eyes landed on the nearby basketball court. He didn't think twice before jogging over to it. His heart started to beat rapidly, his eyes grew in concern.

"YOONGI?"