Chapter Six

Jeon Jungkook

"Jungkook!"

"Come on buddy! I need you to wake up"

Everything sounded muffled to Jungkook, his heart throbbing loudly in his ears and the ringing noises making his headache. His body felt a lot heavier, like he got hit by a vehicle. He felt an arm slip underneath his backside and he was pulled to his feet. The younger snapped his eyes open with a gasp,staggering a little earning a groan from the person holding him up. The coldness of the cement floored plaza fading away.

"You alright there?"

Jungkook turned his head and sighed in relief. His body almost leaning forward if it wasn't for him being held.

"Namjoon Hyung" he said lowly, his eyes gleaming. Namjoon chuckled at his child like reaction and shifted to comfortably hold on to Jungkook.

"The one and only" he said, sending the younger male a dimpled smile. "You doing alright?"

"I feel like shit" he answered and winced when Namjoon tried to walk forward with him. "What the hell happened?"  The older male pursed his lips with furrowed eyebrows.

"The Game Mistress is taking over" he said lightly and continued to walk, Jungkook clutched the back of the older male's shirt with gritted teeth.

"Oh that" he mumbled and snorted bitterly. "I really thought we would be okay for once. It felt like a terrible dream, a nightmare." He looked at Namjoon who was currently staring ahead. "Hyung" Namjoon hummed in response,Jungkook clenched his hand tightly. "I don't wanna die.."

Namjoon paused in his footsteps causing Jungkook to stop as well. The younger male breathed slowly, his heart beating loudly in his ears as tears pricked his brown doe eyes. With a little strength, the brown long haired male stepped away from Namjoon. Muscle spasms ripped through his being yet he bit back a pained cry. The two made eye contact.

"I'm scared. I was okay in the game cause I didn't know anything about my life but now that I'm in the real world, I got all my memories since then. I don't want to die.. I don't want any of us to die" he said, breathing out slowly to sustain the pain he was currently feeling.
"You don't have to worry Koo" Namjoon spoke finally after minutes of silence. He set his hands on the younger male's arms, slightly feeling the twitches of his muscles. " I won't let that happen to you or any of the others. We have to stick with together but first we have to find the others." The brown haired male nodded softly, blinking fast to rid of the tears that threatened to spill. " Cmon now, I'll carry you since you aren't doing well walking on your own."

Jungkook nodded lightly nonetheless and let Namjoon give him a piggyback ride.

The walk out of the plaza was almost silent except the occasional whispers and the mindless shadow creatures roaming around. Jungkook drifted in and out of consciousness, gripping onto Namjoon's shoulder to keep him steady. Fortunately, the older male didn't show any signs of being tired. Jungkook was grateful.

"I've been thinking.."Namjoon spoke softly. Jungkook hummed,burying his face on the crook of the older male's neck. "The game mistress seemed to have come to us for a warning but mostly to trick Jin into joining her." He furrowed his eyebrows, a soft breeze blew by as he walked on the sidewalk. The sight of no human being around was unusual.

"I feel like there's more to it than that."Jungkook responded, he blinked slowly before sighing out lowly. "Someone's helping her,there's no way she would have come to the real world from a digitally based one. Unless.."

Namjoon slowed to stop, realization dawning on him. Jungkook lifted his head in alarm and looked at the older male in concern.

"Hyung!"

"Taehyung said he went to Kayla's House to destroy the computer that contained the game"he said and tensed. "Unless he forgot to do it and someone managed to sneak into her house and get it"

"I was with Taehyung and we did smash the computer"Jungkook reassured, Namjoon sighed and continued walking. The sun was beginning to set as time went by. "I just don't understand how she's back even after what we did"

"First things first after we find the rest" The brown haired older male said before grunting,Jungkook frowned and immediately got off his back.

A feeling of lightness washed over him making him stumble back but overall he felt better. Namjoon turned to him in relief before continuing to speak.

"We need to find the person who brought the creator to our world. We can get some answers out of him"he said and Jungkook smirked.

"Orrrr beat the shit out of him if he doesn't talk"he said, Namjoon deadpanned.

"You and Tae scare me sometimes"he mumbled before smiling. "Cmon,the others must be nearby"

Jungkook chuckled lightly before nodding. Both males continued on their way in search of the rest of the gang.