The Birth of the Guardians

I still remember my first breath. I was born on the 8th realm under the River which flowed from Mount Niamh. I opened my eyes and saw a speck of golden light streaming through the water. I swam towards the light, and that's when I saw this beautiful and divine being.

   He had 6 pair of wings which glimmered in the light and his robe gently swirled around his body. It was difficult to discern the features on his face as he resembled not only a human but also a lion. One look at him and I felt peace and calmness all over. The Aisling star would cover it's face in front of him, such was his beauty, the guardian of the 8th realm. He called himself Gabriel.

   He reached out his hand to pull me out of the river. He looked at me and said "welcome my humble being, welcome to heaven". I took another deep breath as I saw what was around me.

   I saw the lantern that was floating on the river, "the light that guided me here" I said. I asked Gabriel about the significance of the lamp. He looked deep into my eyes and said "The lamp signifies that no one is lost here, no matter what happens the light in the lamp shall not burn out, and no matter where you are, help will be provided, all you have to do is ask". I turned back and I said "I'll remember that".

   I went to the river to wash myself. And that's when I had a first look at myself. My face was radiant with eyes like crystals. And behind those eyes I could sense a flicker of power, quietly stirring about. Gabriel gave me linen to wear and he took me to Amhran with few more beings that looked more or less like me.

   We stood in front of a giant mirror held by branches. Some say it's a branch from the 'Tree of life' which grew all the way from the garden of Eden on the second realm. The mirror was called the Ogma, built by Ogmios, the lord of eloquence. From which flowed the river to all the other realms. 

   Gabriel and eight other Archangels stood in front us and said, " Here lies the gateway to Amhran, where the holy one rests. He shall be your master and he shall be your guide throughout your journey".