Chapter 11

"Engr. Smeaton, you're not suffering from a transient global amnesia mukhang nagkamili ng diagnosis yung neurologist mo nun time na inasses ka niya though may pagkakahiwag kasi yung dalawa. Based on your MRI scan," he said while looking at the picture. 

"You're experiencing Post-traumatic amnesia (PTA)

"You're experiencing Post-traumatic amnesia (PTA). It is a state of misunderstanding or memory impairment that accompanies a traumatic brain injury instantly. The damaged individual is disorientated and cannot remember events following the injury and can no longer give his or her name, location, time, etc. Post-traumatic amnesia can be either short-term or long-term (sometimes over a month), but it is hardly any longer. Usually, the person can function normally when a continuous memory returns," he cleared his throat, "Did you understand what I'm saying, Engineer?"

"Yeah, Of course I understand," I said confidently then he writes something on his chart.

"Tell me, Ano pa yung naalala mo after mo ma-discharge?"

Inisa-isa ko lahat sa kanya, sinabi ko rin sa kanya yung mga panaginip ko na di ko ma-distinguish kung memory ba yun or dream. Then he runs some test questions to determine if I had a severe or mild PTA.

"Since you already experience some flashbacks and nightmares I observe that you are recovering quickly after your coma and saw that you got a mild PTA. It is not that serious though you need to know your limit when you are forcing yourself to remember and also the nightmares you experienced these past few days were part of your memory. How did I know? You showed me the experiences, interior thoughts, or emotion about what you said, what you felt dreaming does things, "

"Is that so, can you recommend  someone that can help me regain my memories back, ASAP?" I asked. I want to know who is Chase and How did I end up with Evan if Chase is the one I love back then.

"I can help you though I still have concerns..." he stopped there at nagdadalwang isip kung dapat ba yung sabihin.

"What is it, Doc. Bautista?" I asked curiously.

"Hindi mo rin ako naalala?"

"What?" natigilan ako sa tanong niya then I replied, "No, but still who are you?"

"I'm not your friend in Senior high but ako yung tinakbuhan mo nung first day of school kasi biglang nagdugo ilong ko, back then di ko parin maintindihan kung bakit ka tumakbo," he said then smile at me.

I awkwardly smiled at him and trying to remember who is he.

"No rush, take time. As I was saying kailangan ko ng approval galing sa asawa mo cause the treatment might apply to you is kinda dangerous. Maaring mauwi sa sleep paralysis yung gagawin ko so I need an agreement that if anything happens to you hindi cargo ng hospital o ng doctor mo ang nangyari or let's just say that you agreed to the terms and condition of the treatment," he said.

I just nodded and sit back thinking if itutuloy ko ba yung treatment or just let my mind figure it's own memories back. I was in the midst of thinking when I heard the room door opened. I turned my gaze there and saw the person I plan not to see ever again.