Sweet Romancer (GyJo) Modern AU

"Okay, okay, okay." Sighed Gyro. Johnny watched from the corner of his eye as the long-haired man dug around in the back of their RV. His ass in the air as Johnny scowled. 

"Sit down Gyro," He complained, rolling his eyes. "I can barely see the road with your butt in my face like this."

"You like what you see?~" Teased Gyro, shifting to be right in front of the Joestar. Johnny didn't even need to look to know he was smirking. 

The southerner blushed and slapped Gyro's back with his free hand. "Just sit your ass down already! You're going to get us in a car crash!"

Gyro plopped back down in his chair and pulled his seat belt back over his chest. The Italian smiled wide showing off his grills as he presented the CD he was fishing for in the back seat. 

"How about Garth Brooks?" He suggested, showing off the front of the CD with a smiling Garth Brooks cradling a guitar.  

"Too mainstream." Frowned Johnny, taking his eyes off the road to frown at Gyro. 

"Okaaay," Sighed Gyro. "Lemme just-" Before he could start shoving his ass in Johnny's face again, the American stopped him with his arm. 

"Look up here, we can check the back the next time we stop for gas."

Gyro seemed to get the message and started to dig through the compartment in the dashboard, throwing aside random napkins and ketchup packets from past fast food endeavors. 

"What the hell kind of name is Boz Scaggs?" Asked Gyro, looking a CD case over. 

Johnny had half the mind to slam on the breaks and curse out Gyro, but he continued calmly, proceeding to look at the road as he lectured Gyro. 

"only the best singer in American history." he scoffed, stating like it was obvious facts. 

Gyro furrowed his brows and looked back at the CD. 

"What about AC/DC, hell I was all the way in Italy and I knew about the-"

Johnny cut him off, resisting the urge to stop the car and really show him the true magic of Scaggs. 

"s-sh- just shut up shut up," he shushed, putting his hand over Gyro's mouth. "Just put the CD in."

Gyro gave him a curious look as he inserted the disc, crossing his arms as Johnny heard the familiar opening to Slow Dancer, his favorite. 

he hummed along as Gyro raised an eyebrow at him. 

Johnny got fully into it as they drove through the desert terrain of Arizona, he gripped the steering wheel as the percussion came in, singing along to Boz Scaggs. 

Gyro had never heard Johnny sing before and man

did

he 

suck

Jesus fucking christ it hurt Gyro's ears, but he smiled through the pain, giving Johnny an encouraging thumbs-up. 

Gyro wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the moody blonde and a dying seagull when it came to singing. But Jesus, he still loved it all the same. Anything Johnny did was a masterpiece to Gyro, he loved Johnny, even when that came to him poorly trying to squawk his way through singing. 

Some time through Gyro's thoughts, Johnny had turned the volume to the max, causing the RV to shake in beat with the bass. 

He turned it down, shifting to face Gyro. 

"There's a gas station at the next exit if you want to stop there for gas," suggested Johnny his gaze returning to the road. 

Gyro nodded, dazed. 

wait, love?

Gyro loved Johnny? 

The idea seemed foreign to Gyro, but the thought of it gave him butterflies. 

The Italian suddenly blurted out his thoughts, sitting up straight in his seat. "WHAT IF I WHERE TO BE YOUR SWEET ROMANCER?"

This time Johnny couldn't help slamming on the breaks as the two lurched forward, slamming into the dashboard. Thank god no one was behind them or it could've been disastrous. 

"Your- your what?" Sputter Johnny, his face a deep crimson red. 

"Romancer?" Asked Gyro gingerly, as Johnny started to drive again. 

"Are you... Are you saying you have a crush on me?" Questioned Johnny, gladly having the road as an excuse to look away from Gyro. 

"uh... Um..." Fumbled Gyro, fiddling with his fingers as he looked out the window of their van. 

"May... Maybe?" 

Johnny paused, gripping the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles turned white. 

"Sure." He coughed, releasing a breath he didn't even know he was holding. 

"Sure what?" asked Gyro, his heart beating loudly. 

"Sure," Continued Johnny, his grip on the steering wheel loosening. "I like you too..."

"you do?"

"yeah."

"great."

There was a pause as the music played quietly from their radio. 

"so does this mean...?" interrupted Gyro, blushing awkwardly.

"That we're dating...?" Finished Johnny, looking back at the Italian. "...Sure."

Gyro looked at johnny, smiling dopily. 

"If you weren't driving right now I'd kiss you."

"What was that?" asked Johnny, turning the volume back up. 

"Nothing!"

--------------

Slower Dancer is the only Boz Scaggs song I've ever listened too, so sorry if he's not that great I just know him cause that's the song johnny's horse is named after, lol

Sorry for not updating! I've been really busy with summer school which is nice, a lot of my relationships have been changing too which is great. 

Also, new headcanon, gyro's super mega thick (Which is already canon, ik) and Johnny can't sing for shit.