TWENTY-TWO. house of cameras

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River Lawrence usually hated mornings because of how tired she was or how lazy she was, but this morning was different. It was the morning their beloved housemother, Trudy Rehmann, was leaving Anubis House and River, just like the rest of her housemates, had a huge frown plastered on her face.

River couldn't imagine Anubis House without Trudy's warm smiles after a bad day or being the only person who can tolerate the group of pranksters. Trudy was Anubis. She was the heart and soul of the house and it hurt to see her leave. River was the closest student to Trudy; she'd looked up to her ever since she started at Anubis. Because of her rocky relationship with her mum, she considered Trudy like her second mother and River loved Trudy.

The brunette's eyes stung as she stood between Alfie and Jerome, who each had an arm around River, knowing how close the girl was to Trudy. River could feel tears trying to escape her eyes and she tried to hold them in. This was an unfair act and the only person to blame was Victor.

After Nina, Amber and Patricia had told River everything: Sarah, the quest, the locket, Sarah's connection to the house, the attic, the recordings, how Sarah was the girl on the recordings and Victor's voice was also on it, Sarah accusing Victor of killing her parents, the elixir of life and Victor's experiments with it, Rufus and Joy, Victor abducting an unconscious Rufus, how Victor stuffed a cat Amber found and hid in their room, informing Trudy about the stuff in the cellar. All leading up to this moment.

At first, River was hesitant to believe it. But then, she considered everything she'd found out the past days and told them that their secret was safe with her and that she'd help them with their quest. And besides, after what Victor had done to Trudy, it'd be fun to take vengeance on him by completing the quest.

"Trudy, we're really sorry," Fabian spoke, his voice filled with guilt when their teary-eyed housemother entered the hallway.

"We didn't mean to get you into trouble. Honestly, we didn't," Nina added, feeling guilty too that their kindhearted housemother has gotten fired because of their actions.

"I know," Trudy said. "It's my own fault for believing your silly stories."

She brushed past Fabian and approached Mara who stood in the middle of the group and said, "We're going to miss you."

Trudy let out a sorrowful sigh. "I'm going to miss you too. All of you."

Of course, the bittersweet moment had to be ruined by their grouchy caretaker who River instantly glared at.

"How can you do this?" Amber retorted at Victor after hugging Trudy. "Trudy hasn't done anything wrong!"

"You have no heart," River spat at the older man.