O4O

tuesday, 1:11 pm

jade continued lying down at the bed, constantly repeating to herself to stop overthinking. kanina pa siya dinala ni timothy sa guest room at pinagpahinga muna na hindi naman niya tinanggihan dahil mas gugustihin nyang matulog kesa makausap ang mga kasama nito sa condo.

she tried to take a nap, she really did. but all she could do was think about what happened earlier. timothy had a child? with zyrel? is that it?

hindi niya magawang matanong ng deretsahan. bakit nga naman, diba? she's just an old lover. six years had gone and the present isn't the same anymore.

patuloy nitong pinikit ang mga mata, dahan dahang narinig ang pag bukas ng pintuan. she assumed it wasn't any of her friends dahil kung sila man yon, malamang ay sinalubong na siya ng yakap.

footsteps walking near her was heard. jade kept her eyes closed at hinintay ang kung sino mang naglalakad papalapit sa kama.

hanggang sa naramdaman niya ang paglubog ng kabilang parte. tila tatabi sakanya upang humiga. jennie? leigh? rylie?

none of her guesses were right when she smelled the familiar manly scent timothy have. napadiin ang pagpikit nito ng mga mata ng tuluyan nyang nakilala kung sino ang katabi niya sa kama.

"i'm sorry," he whispered, ever slowly wrapping his arms around jade's waist to reach for her hand. carressing it using his thumb, mumbling an apology near her ear.

her tears making their way down her cheeks once again, she kept her silence. waiting for what timothy could say again, or perhaps just savouring the moment she knew that would never happen again.

"i'm sorry," he repeated- this time, in a heavy breathing but a calmness in his voice.

"madam jana.."