𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

〰️

〰️

It's him.

No matter how hard I try to deny it, that maybe it was just a mistake but the longer I stared at him the longer it is obvious that its no doubt that its him. The man who saved me. How could I not notice it earlier? maybe I guess It was just happening all at once that my brain stopped functioning. I slumped on the chair beside my bed, wiping the sweat that dropped down my forehead, exhausted. It was a one hell of a long night.

"I guess now we're even," I stared at his sleeping form, he looks so peaceful. Thank god that he's fine now. I wonder how he got into this situation, who would've thought that working as an assistant nurse would come in handy.

I inched closer towards him, I never realized just now how his features seems so enchanted. His high bridge nose, soft lashes like those of a delicate baby, his insanely sharp jawline that looks like it could cut anything it touches and his lips that are soft and pinkish plump.

Last time I saw him, he had scales.

I laughed at myslef for thinking such ridiculous thought,

that's impossible! Then what is he? A merman?

A yawn came as my eyelids started to become heavy. I looked at the time on my phone, my eyes nearly popped out of its sockets.

2:06 am

Already?!

I exclaimed, I stood up and head towards the bathroom there my reflection greeted me, staring right into my bloodied self. Ironically I'm scared of blood ever since I was a child but when the time comes to someone who needed help, every thing would just fade away, mind would be filled with thoughts of only saving that person.

As the water runs down the faucet my mind went hazy, the voices it stopped. I stared right back again at the mirror the reflection of the man behind me slightly coming into view.

What have you gotten yourself into y/n?

_

I groaned pushing the hand away, "Five more minutes mom," not even seconds it happened again, pestering me, annoyed I sat up immediately. "Plea-!"
Stopping midway I came face to face with two pair of eyes staring right back at me, shocked I immediately screamed in horror falling off the bed after scaring the poor man away, he backed off immediately falling into his bum as he clutched his knees closer to him.

Groaning in pain, I stood up and peeked towards the man. My face slowly softening,

Way to go y/n.

Clearing my throat I slowly approached his shaking figure, "He-hey, hello there, I'm sorry if I scared you, don't be scared," kneeling down on his height he flinched away, "Hey, I'm sorry,"

It took him some time to open up, he only took a peek resembling that of like a little child which I can't help myself but to think that it was too adorable.

"What's your name?" I asked but only those blue mesmerising eyes stares back at me, "Where did you come from?" I attempted once more but no answers were given. Sighing, I decided to check if he was okay, his wound was almost fatal, if he stayed longer there without getting treated he would've died from blood loss.

Holding his hand I stood him up from his crouching position, his eye contact never breaking mine which kinda made me a little bit flustered so I looked away, I led him towards the kitchen, where at the same time it's where I eat, he obediently sat down cross legged on the cushions.

"Wait here for a sec," giving him my index finger, I then headed towards the cabinets to grab the first aid kits

(Just pretend that the windows are closed because it's winter and snowy outside)

Going back I saw him quietly sat down tilting his head around observing, "I'm back," kneeling down into my knees I looked straight once again into his eyes this time instead of the frightened ones, his eyes twinkles like the stars up in the night sky, his mouth curling upwards into a smile.

This time I couldn't stop myself from blushing, just why is he so handsome

My heart thumped, I internally clutched my chest. I returned back his smile, breaking out from my trance,. "Well I guess that's a thanks from you then,"

My gaze falling down to his shoulder worry etched into my face, "Does it hurt?"
Getting no response from him, I slowly brought up my hand to his wound but he suddenly caught my hand, stopping me. I let out a surprised gasp.

With wide eyes I watched him as he turned my hand around, it was the one that got wounded from the fall last night, I had now wrapped it around in a cotton bandage, He looked up at me frowning.

Is he worried?

"I- it doesn't hurt now, well it does stings a little bit but I'm fine don't worry about it it's all good," giving him a thumbs up he only watched me, suddenly he slowly brought up his other hand, his thumb showing.

I blinked once then twice,

Realization hit me I broke into fits of laughter, he had just gave me a thumbs up. "If you're feeling okay or if you agree to something you do this, okay?" He only nodded, come to think of it he looks like a little child but in a body of a grown man.

He's so innocent.

"Can you talk?"

In response he shook his head, Oh so he's mute, that explains why he haven't answered any of my questions, I thought he was just being secretive.

"I guess you're hungry, lemme cook you some food," standing up I headed towards the mini kitchen, deciding to cook some kimchi fried rice and gyeran-mari (korean omelette).

Plates in hand, I served the cooked dishes on the table. "Come on, dig in," Giving him a pair of chopsticks he took it but to only put down. Swallowing the omelette I stared at him raising my eyebrow in confusion, "Aren't you hungry? Don't worry eat at your heart's content,"