𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

༄

       I hugged my backpack closer to me as the wind blew into my face. Ocean water splashes through my face as the boat accelerated. I hold on to the wooden chair to steady myself. Luckily my hair is tied up into a ponytail so it won't get in the way.

Exactly 3 hours and 16 minutes after, I finally spotted an island from all this ocean view. The boat slowed down as we get closer to the island. Passengers including me readied ourselves to take land. Mostly of the passengers here are old. They wore oversized jackets as they carry things they bought from the mainland. I watched as an elderly woman scolded a child because of suddenly jumping off from the boat. The young boy chuckled sheepishly at the woman as he swam towards the island.

"Ha~~ kids these days sure are a pain," another woman said. The woman who I guessed is the mother or the boy chuckled, they soon started a conversation. Based on the the way they talked, they knew each other. everyone here knew each other, except me.

"Is that Soobin? Wow he's all grown up. The last time I saw him I was just carrying him in my arms. Time flew so fast I can't even straighten my back now hahaha," they all agreed with the another woman who's slightly older than the two, as they all laughed together.

What a nice people.

Even tho in this cold weather I felt so warm. I smiled at the scene, and looked away. I wonder when will I get to smile like that again.

"Wah! As expected of someone from the mainland, young women there sure are the definition of youth

"Wah! As expected of someone from the mainland, young women there sure are the definition of youth. Which somehow made me remember my youthful days!" Mrs.Lee who's on her late 60's exclaimed as she patted me on the back. She is one of the people here who welcomed me with open arms as they said that I've now become a part of the island.

the people in the crowd agrees with her, I blushed in embarrassment. I've never been the center of attention so these were all new to me.

They held a welcome party for me which is really a shocker, like why would they throw a party for a stranger like me.

"Thank you-so much everyone for...this, I really appreciate it," I said as I look down and rub the nape of my neck with a slight blush.

They took a moment to stop what they are doing and turned to look at me. Mrs.Lee grabbed my hand which made me look into her, she wore a warm smile. A smile that made me remember her, my beloved mother.

"Everyone here on this island is family and now you young lady has became one of us,"

I smiled at her words, I stood up and bowed in respect, "Geobsamnida!" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion when I heard them laugh, a felt a tingle of pain at my back shoulder.

"Aigoo~ don't get yourself all worked up kid, realax and have some fun!" I regained my positioned and saw that it was her who had hit me.

"Yeah!" The crowd chorused. Feeling my heart warm I smiled wholeheartedly at them.

This might be a good new start for me.