Chapter two: Firestorm.

Oswald walks to the kitchen for breakfast. He finds Ed already seated at the breakfast bar eating some cereal. "You are aware Olga could've made you something?" Oswald teases. "I felt like just getting cereal... Is that so wrong?... Puddin?" Ed says slowly, a sly smirk tugging at the corners of his lips."I guess not... Harley..." Oswald retorts back. "Why are you two talking about me?!" Harley is suddenly just there like she always is. "Shouldn't you be with Joker or Ivy or something, HARLEY QUINN?" Oswald says boldly. "Ah, to hell with them! I wanted to spend some quality time with my friends!!!" She giggles. Oswald rolls his eyes and snorts. Ed just gives her an impassive look of annoyance. "By the way, Riddler, you owe Ivy twenty bucks because you said I wouldn't make it and she knew I would!" Harley quips before letting out a enthusiastic squeak of delight and running off. "Man, she's a handful! No wonder Joker wanted her to fall into the acid at ace chemicals!" Oswald sighs, exasperated. "Give her a break. She's been through a lot... I'm sure dating Joker was a torture session. He was so violent. I'm surprised she's still alive." Ed says quietly, disbelieving.
"Well, none of that matters. All that matters is we're here, and no one will dare to cross us." At the exact moment Oswald says that, A bullet rips through the windows and strikes the cabinets in front of them. "No, no, no! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HURT MY PUDDINS!!!" Harley screeches from another room. A loud yelp and then silence. Ed and Oswald crouch behind the breakfast bar for safety. Ed and Oswald pull their 9.millimeters and get ready to strike. Clasping hands, they jump out of their hiding place and raise their weapons. They freeze upon seeing the clown King himself in front of them: living, breathing... 
Jeremiah Valeska.
"What have you done to Harley? Did you kill her?" Ed growls. "No. I just hurt her... Really, really... Bad..." Joker says darkly, then laughs.
"Get your clown ass out of our house, Joker! You're a monster! You don't deserve Harley and you don't deserve life! " Oswald spits out the words like toxic venom. Ed glares at Jeremiah, hatred burning in his eyes. "You have exactly 60 seconds to give me... your house, your Crown, and all your earthly possessions or I'll have my guys put pretty little bullets in your heads. Pow!" Joker starts laughing maniacally, almost falling over. "This may look like a joke, but I'm serious" Joker straightens his face and stops laughing. "And now that you've captured My attention, I think I'll take the one thing you love the most....the Riddler! I mean, it's always good to have someone confusing around. And besides, he's the smart one! He's just amazing!!!"

Ed gasps silently in overwhelming shock. Joker is going to kill him.

Then the awful uncomfortable memories flood back.

His fingers running down Joker's spine... Joker's moans in his ears...their breathless laughing...

Ed stares at the clown in shock.

They did it. They fucked. How on earth did that happen?!

"You know how it happened Gorgeous. The old Mara's stones. Put one of those on yer tongue, be flying till Christmas!"

Joker cackles, but Ed doesn't hear him. Just puts a bullet in his heart to shut him up.

"Ed what was he talking about?"

"Nothing."