chapter six: Nygma's plans

Oswald POV

I should have known Joker wasn't done yet...

I should have realized his plans sooner...

He didn't just want the gold, jewels, money and the crown and throne of the underworld.....

He wanted to see my life burn....

Burn to ashes...

To the ground...

Because when I had the chance... I didn't take out the most horrible threat to my Edward's safety...

I didn't kill The Joker...

And now....

Edward Nygma has payed the price....

I sit here by a hospital bed, clasping Ed's hand. Joker had poisoned him somehow. And now here he is. Dying right before my eyes in this depressing as hell bed. As I stroke his knuckles softly I hear him make a small moaning noise.

"Ozzy? Is that you? You look worse than me..." Ed whispers shakily, clearing his throat.

"Ed?! Oh, my God, stay still, I'll go get the doctor!"
I pant in shock and jubilation jumping up from my seat and calling for the doctor.

Dr. Sutter walks in and checks Ed's vitals.

"He's all good. Pulse, heart-rate and respirations are steady. Whatever Joker used on him, it must have been metabolized by his system. Usually that only happens if a patient was once a heavy substance abuser." Sutter says quietly.

Ed sighs deeply and closes his eyes briefly.

"I used to take Adderall every day. When that stopped being good enough I-- I turned to... Stronger fixes. I was hooked on club drugs like Molly or Ecstasy. But that wasn't the end of it. Heroin wasn't as long term but still I had a problem with it for like 3 weeks. That was when I found Lilith. It was like, Ecstasy and Heroin wrapped up into one. I didn't even realize how bad it was till I woke up one morning in a bed I didn't recognize...." Ed pauses for a moment before speaking again.

"Joker's bed."

I gasp in shock.

Fuck...

Is this why Joker is so pissed?

I stare at him for a moment before turning around and waking out.

I just can't process this right now...

I need time to myself...

Time to think...

About the fact that...

My Riddler was fucked by The Joker...

Yeah I know,total "say WHAT?!" moment. So basically I dunno maybe Ed's illness will be linked to his stupid drug addled mistake somehow? Like IDK it's not an STD or STI tho it's something else you can get from Sex.

;) hint?

Barb said I'm a

Asshole Fuck you

Barbara I win!

Your's sincerely, KC...

READ BETWEEN THE LINES!!!!!!