chapter eight: what do you mean "Pregnant"?

Oswald POV

I stare at Ed's doctor, my mouth gaping open.

"Pregnant, I...what?"

"Yes, he's 3 months along. If you don't want this, it's not too late for a termina--"

"No! I would never do that..."

"Oswald..." Ed's sweet little voice grabs my attention.

"Can we be alone for a moment?"

The doctor nods and leaves. I turn to Ed, who is looking at me with a saddened, scared expression.

The five words he says cut into my soul like broken glass and razor blades.

"I can't have this baby."

"Ed, what are talking about? I'm here, you're not going to be on your own!"

"That's not it...I can't have a baby with that PSYCHOPATH. I can't let my child be tainted by that maniacs genetics. I don't want to have a baby that will grow up to go beserk and destroy the town, Oswald. I can't have a baby with a Valeska. I just can't..."

Ed breaks down in front of me, and I wrap him in my arms.

"Ed, stop this. This baby is going to be beautiful and priceless and amazing and gorgeous and precious and loved, Edward. Jeremiah went insane because of his parents. I know for a fact this baby won't go crazy like he did because it's ours. Ed, you are smarter than this. You can't kill your unborn child. You can't."

I stare into his eyes, feeling the amazing warmth I always do.

Please make the right decision....

Please choose life....