Chapter 25

I went into the room and twirled, flopping on the bed.  "Been awhile since I've been here."

He gracefully slid in.  "I know..."

I turned facing him.  "Did you miss me, Itachi?"

He sighed and closed his eyes.  "Sleep."

I pouted and poked his side.  "Aw, come on..."

He grabbed and rolled on top of me.  "Do you have to ask?"  My heart stopped, and he kissed my forehead.  "Breathe."

I blinked up at him.  "I have a grown man on top of me... how can I?"

He kissed my lips.  "You're talking... that's good enough."  I lifted myself to my elbows and kissed him deeply.  He relented, curling his fingers into my hair.  He tugged slightly, causing me to gasp, I felt the smile on his lips as his tongue entered my mouth.

I pulled back, smirking.  "So... you didn't miss me?"

He placed his forehead on mine.  "Very much.  Let's try not almost dying, I don't know how many funerals one can have, but I'm sure you're at your limit."

I searched his eyes.  "What would you have done if it was true?"

He frowned at my question.  "I don't know..."

He rolled back into placed placing me on his chest.  "You know you have a large selection of women that would happily meet your needs."

He frowned.  "It's not that simple, Kunoichi."

I blinked up at him before straddling him and looking into his face.  He was already hard, which made my heart flutter.  "Why? You have needs Itachi."

He grimaced.  "I..."

I smirked and began to rock my hips.  "You?"

He gripped them so I would stop, but his desire was clear.  "You're the only one who makes me feel this way."

I tilted my head confused, trying to move in his restraint.  "You are different, Uchiha, but in a good way."

He looked up at me.  "You're making it hard to have this conversation."

I lowered my gaze.  "You said... that you wanted to get married first..."

His eyes widened slightly.  "Yes."

"Why?"

He stroked my cheek, making me look at him directly.  "Because I want to spend my life with you... however, long or short, that may be."

My chest started to warm.  "We can do that without the whole marriage thing."

He chuckled.  "Yes, we could."

I turned my head, kissing his hand.  "I don't understand."

He sighed.  "You won't like my explanation."  I stared at him, waiting.  "I never imagined wanting to get married until... I developed feelings for you."

I blinked.  "Okay..."

He sat up and looked me in the eye.  "I didn't get it at first, but I'd get angry with the other men around you."

I nodded.  "I remember..."

He captured my chin.  "I... I don't want you with anyone else... and marriage is us telling everyone we chose each other and no one else."

My eyes widened as my chest felt it was about to explode,  I felt every emotion he was having, and it was breathtaking.  "Oh."

He dropped his hand.  "See..."

I shook my head.  "No, you misunderstand."  He looked at me curiously.  "I told you... you're a different breed, Itachi.  I love that about you."

He smiled slightly, but it quickly faded.  "I know it's possessive... what I want..."

I smiled.  "There are different types of possessive... you want that for the right reasons, and I see that."  He gave me a questioning look.  "You would never do anything against my will, I know that, and I appreciate it.  I've never... wanted anyone like I want you.  I was never given that choice that I know of."

He brushed some stray strands of hair from my eyes.  "I know..."

I kissed his nose.  "We should sleep."  He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down.  I laughed.  "Really?"

He kissed the top of my head as I settled in his embrace.  "You've been asking a lot of odd questions lately."

I snuggled into his chest.  "Maybe..."  I felt his chuckle as I began to drift to sleep.  "Stupid Uchiha..."

...

I looked at the setting sun against the mountains and smiled.  "This is nice."

"It is..."  I looked at a boy. He was tall, but that didn't mean much considering how small I was.  His brown hair wavered in the wind. Somehow, it always seemed to fall into place no matter how hard it blew.

I looked back at the view.  "You're sad."

He sighed.  "Do you have to do it?"  I blinked at him.  "The whole ritual thing, I mean."

I smiled at him reassuringly.  "I'll be fine."

He looked troubled.  "But... what if..."

I sighed.  "It's not ideal, but it's how things are done.  I'll be the same Kunoichi after, just a different body."

He looked at me sadly.  "What will happen with this one?"

I held a hand to my chest.  "The girl who is supposed to have it won't have to share anymore... we're both excited."

He frowned.  "But you have to die."

I nodded.  "More or less."

He grabbed my hand.  "What if..."

I patted his hands with my free one.  "No, what ifs... I'll come back to you."

He nodded, defeated.  "Then I'll wait for you."

I watched as the last hues of day faded into darkness.  "I would like that very much."

...

My eyes fluttered open.  Well, that was different...

Kurama stirred.  It was...

I closed my eyes again.  Wonder what happened to him...