Chapter 5 Threat to the Crown

The next morning, Orys was awakened by his nursemaid. She bathed him, then combed his hair and got Orys dressed. She dressed him in Baratheon black and gold. Once Orys was dressed, he left his bedroom with Ser Arys Oakheart following behind. They made their way to the dining room, where his family had already gathered. They walked in, and Orys greeted his family. To his delight, Orys' Uncle Sirius was having breakfast with them. It was rare that Orys' Uncle Stannis have breakfast with them, so he wasn't missed.

“Good morning, family,” Orys announced as he got closer to the table.

Cersei smiled, “Good morning, my love,”

Orys makes his way about the table where his mother sits with Tygett in her arms. The baby squeals and claps his hand when he sees Orys, Orys smiles at his baby brother. “Good morning, Mother,” He then kisses his mother on the cheek, “Good morning Tygett,” He kisses his baby brother, then pokes his belly, making the baby squeal in delight.

Orys walks over to Robert and kisses him on the cheek as well, “Good morning, Father.”

“Good morning, Orys, my boy.”

And last but not least, Orys greets his Uncle Sirius. “Prongslet! How are you this morning?” Robert chuckles at his son's nickname.

Orys hugs his favorite uncle, “I am well, Uncle. And you did you sleep well?”

“Aye, thank you, Orys.”

“Good,” Orys takes his seat next to his father and looks at him, curiously, “Father, will Uncle Stannis be joining us?”

Sirius and Robert laugh, “My twin is a little too stuffy for this type of family events, Orys.” Sirius said.

“Oh, say it the way it is, Brother. Stannis has a stick so far up his ass he can barely sit down.” Robert said, then roared with laughter.

“Robert!”

“What, my queen, you know it's true,” Cersei looked at Orys, who was paying close attention to his father. Then Cersei gave him a pointed look.

Robert got the hint. “My boy, I don't want you are ever repeating those words; they are bad words, and I shouldn't have used them. Do you understand?”

“Aye, father.”

The whole time, Sirius is trying to hide a snigger behind his hand. Robert glares at his younger brother, who coughs to cover a laugh. Robert was so whipped when it came to Cersei. Finally, breakfast was served, and Orys piled his plate with blackened bacon, eggs, ham, and bread with honey. Orys was given milk with his breakfast to wash it down.

Cersei watched her son pile his plate full of food, “My love, do you think you can finish that?”

“Of course he can, Cersei. Orys is a growing boy and needs all the food he can get.”

Orys nods, as he eats his eggs. Meanwhile, Cersei has Tygett in her lap, feeding him bits of eggs. Normally a nursemaid would do something like this, but Cersei wanted her family all together at mealtimes, even Jaime, who stood as a guard for the royal family.

It irked Jaime so much watching the happy family sitting around eating. And he often wondered if Cersei had him stand guard to prove to him that she was genuinely happy with the great oaf of a king. Jaime's eyes would narrow when Tygett would reach out for Robert, and Robert would laugh and take his son to place him on his lap to feed him. That was Jaime's son; it should be him feeding the baby.

As they continued to eat, Robert leaned over towards Orys to get his attention, “Remember, Orys, you will be joining your Uncles and me in the small council today.”