Chapter 4 ~ Lunches

"Variety is key! What do you have against vegetables?! And what do you have against meat?! No, Nagisa, you can't eat two whole loaves of Iwatobi surprise bread!" Kou exasperated as she criticized each of the boys for their lunches. The district tournament was right around the corner, and she insisted on them eating perfectly right. "Your health affects everyone. I hereby forbid Nagisa from buying food from the school cafeteria." 

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Nagisa exclaimed.

"It's for your own good." Kou argued.

"Well why don't you make our lunches then?" Nagisa said.

"Fine!" She agreed. Oh no...

                                 ~~~~~

"You made all of this yourself?!" Nagisa exclaimed as Kou laid out her new meal plan. She had me come with her to the store, but the fact that it was a sports store made me worried.

"It looks delicious!" Makoto said.

"Yep, they were totally worth the trip." Kou said. "I even got to see Rin and Sosuke there."

"You saw them?" Haru asked.

"Yeah, some of the Samezuka swim team members were there." Kou answered.

"Thank you for the goodies, dig in!" Nagisa bit into his rice ball and I cringed as pasty strawberry jam squeezed out of it.

"Not to be that guy, but you ran into Rin shopping for swim wear at the same place you bought these?" Rei asked warily.

"Well, not everything." Kou answered.

"I think they're great!" Nagisa exclaimed as Haru and Makoto started turning green from disgust.

"Not to be that guy, but is there something going on with Rin and Yamazaki?" Rei suddenly asked, thankfully changing the subject.

"Rin's all about practice, Sousuke's all about theory." I explained. "They're friends but they're really competitive with each other."

"I used to think it was because of that relay back then." Kou said.

"They swam a relay together?" Rei asked.

"Yeah, but for some reason it didn't turn out so well." Kou answered.

I frowned as I looked over to Haru. The mention of Sousuke obviously made him upset. Something must have happened between them, either as kids or recently, or both.

Is this another situation like with Rin?