Chapter 5

Mackenzie's POV

We stumble into the change rooms together and get changed. Eventually, Kendall and I are alone in the room together. I pull her aside to talk to her.

"Thanks for covering for me earlier today, Kendall. And, can you hang around and only leave at the same time as us please?" I ask.

"Sure! But... why?" Kendall replies.

"Maddie will rip me to shreds as soon as you're gone, and Miss Abby will too when we get back home. I'm scared, Kendall. Don't let them hurt me again." I plead.

"I won't Kenz." Kendall promises.

We walk out of the change rooms together and go to the place where the moms sit. Jill sees me and asks me how I am. She thinks my mom is home sick, and Miss Abby has been dropping me home, but that's not the truth. Kendall asks Jill if she can stay and help me practise, as I wasn't really getting it. Jill agrees and we head down to Studio C. Maddie had a private in Studio D with Miss Abby, but they don't spend the whole-time practising. Kendall helps me go over the dance and when Miss Abby comes out of the studio and sees me and Kendall working hard, she huffs and walks off with Maddie in her trail. Kendall hi-fives me. Miss Abby couldn't complain about us this time! The score is one to us and... a million to her. I sigh. At least we've made progress?

K, this is a pretty short chapter too, but I promise the chapters will get longer as we get further into the story😘😘 Pls pls pls vote and comment what you think and what you wanna see further into the story!!!