Chapter Twenty Eight

It's meant to be short. Short and sweet. Nothing is better than that. A quiet nice life ended so soon. And is there anything wrong with that? Is there anything so terrible about resting earlier than others? Maybe they just simply deserve better. That resting in death may be better than life. Than this world we live in. Where children are forced to murder each other and people cheer it on or sit around, doing nothing about it. Watching silently as their own kids are brutally killed. 

Lucky Prim, I think. She's safe and in most likely three days so will I. Truly, I believe now that the real winner of the Hunger Games is not that one lone victor but those other twenty three that die. They are the lucky ones in the end. They are freed of this country and government that loves to watch their own kids die.

I sit in a tall tree, starring out at the forest, not moving, not eating, and not drinking. Only breathing and watching. Watching the Games drag on. Knowing that I do not deserve to live nor do I deserve to die. I only deserve to exist. Nothing more, nothing less. People like the Careers get to live, the worst, but children like Primrose get the honor of dying. Sleeping forever. No matter when or where she died, she is at rest now. Her beautiful life is now over and she gets to escape. Short and sweet. Short and wonderful. Wonderful and magestic.

My breathing stops as my heart aches more and more. I miss her so much. Her comfort. And to think that just this morning she was hugging me. Telling me that I will be alright when in reality I should have been promising her that. "I'm sorry!" I scream to the emptiness of the woods. Birds flutter away, cawing frightfully as they run from me. "I should have saved you! I should have attacked Clove! I'm sorry Prim! Forgive me!" My fist slams the tree hard. "Forgive me." I whisper quietly. 

Finally, I calm down. Calming my breathing and sense of mind. It's as if Prim is here next to me saying, "It's going to be okay. We'll be alright." and I know that I will be. Wether it is in two days or two years. She's alright and I will be alright. There is nothing to stress about. Not a thing to worry about. As long as I keep Prim in my heart it will be just like she is here right? Like she never left? Never died? Never went home? Right? I hope so.

THESE CHAPTERS ARE MEANT TO BE SHORT AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY SOON!